Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Automatically serve index.html in web hosting

(Karol Domagala) #1

Hi, is it possible to serve index.html by default in web hosting? Without that I’m not able to host single page application using history web browser API like emberjs.

(Mark Piller) #2

Hi Karol,

Yes, it is possible, but only with a custom domain mapping. If you create a mapping, then index.html from the /web directory is loaded automatically, when you navigate to the custom domain in a browser.

Regards,
Mark

(Karol Domagala) #3

would be great to have a similar option like in amazon s3 to enable a directory to serve single web app. RIght now without a domain it’s not possible to demo the app for example.

(Sergey Chupov) #4

You can use public URLs for this purpose. Inside of your HTMLs you can still use relative links. E.g. here is the default /web/index.html file from my test app with a picture insterted with a relative link: https://api.backendless.com/EFEB3344-6756-E23F-FF28-26CABDDD6A00/9B4E8A39-8C7D-3F79-FFDD-A953431EC300/files/web/index.html

(Karol Domagala) #5

the issue is about index.html in url. To make ember working I need a rewrite rule that automatically serves index.html when url points to that directory. Taking your link as an example In your link I want it to serve index.html content without having that “index.html” at the end of that url

(Sergey Chupov) #6

This, unfortunately, is not possible without custom domains.