Automating tests

Hi Mark and team,

Pardon me if the topic has already been touched upon : I searched but did not find it.

My question is : how would I go about setting up some automated tests on my Backendless app ? The need is to check for regressions, especially regarding the frontend, although checking the whole thing, including the backend would be even better.

Is it feasible ? Are there tools you would recommend ? Do you know of any caveats I should be aware of ?

Thanks for any pointers you might have. Indeed, with a no-/low-code approach, there are many advantages, but I find version control and testing for regressions to be much harder and opaque.

N.

Hi Nicolas,

Could you please clarify what part of your app you would like to cover with tests? For instance, API services, user interface.

Regards,
Mark

Mostly user interface.
It’s a mobile app, but if I could already have some testing done on the web application, that would already be quite good !

N.

I heard Selenium is a decent fit for automating UI testing. This is not an official “Backendless recommendation”… :wink: This is something you should research and see what technology or methodology would work for you.

Thanks Mark. I will look into it.

If anybody among the community has any experience in setting up tests for a Backendless app, I would very much appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

N.