Backendless 4 Code runner

Is it true that the code runner currently only supports Backendless3.0?

I’m running Backendless4.0 and when I start code runner I always get this error:
ERROR] {“code”:2002,“message”:“Version is disabled or provided wrong application info (application id or secret key)”}

I’m pretty sure I have correct app ID and secret key, I also know that versioning is removed in V4.0

Is there any way I can use code runner for backendless 4? Or I must switch back to 3.0?

Thank you!

Hello Yi Shen

CodeRunner works in Backendless 4. You can get this error if you use old (3.0) servercode project for 4.0 environment. Am I right, or you’ve downloaded coderunner from 4.0 environment?

Regards Anton

I download the code runner from https://backendless.com/downloads/
Is that where I should download form?

The best practice to apply new coderunner environment changes to your project is to add all the same handlers and timers in Business logic section in Backendless 4.0 and download the project. After that adding custom code to the handler classes.
Also you may add at least one handler and download the project. Unzip it and replace old bin and lib folders with new ones in your project.
1st method is better, also please read this article, it might be helpful to adapt your custom code (in handlers/timer s classes) to 4.0 environment.

Regards Anton

Regards Anton

Anton, Thanks for the reply.

I’m still confused for the code runner part. Does it mean I need to first create a custom logic in backendless 4.0, and download the project template? Will the code runner be in that template? Currently, when I download that template for Android, I don’t see anything related to code runner in that zip file.

Thanks for your help!

No, when I said to download a project, I was meaning to click ‘Download’ button in business logic section. Not project template) Just add all handlers and timers you need, download the code and then do the above mentioned steps.

Regards Anton

Thanks for the reply! I found it now.

Is the problem resolved now?

Yes. Thank you for the support!