"Backendless Application" showing up on tab title even when the title of the webpage has been set

For some reason, starting about two-three weeks ago, the title of a webpage has been replaced by the text “Backendless Application” in the tab (title) of an open webpage.

This is happening for both on a custom domain, and while viewing on the “debug” version of the website.

Sometimes it just flashes it up before it displays the actual (set) title of the webpage, and sometimes it is displayed for longer.

Can anyone offer some insight as to why this has started happening?

I can understand that if the title of a webpage is not set where it might display this, but it should not be displayed at all if the title of a webpage has already been set.

Hello @Michael_Kadron

the title of a webpage has been replaced by the text “Backendless Application”

We have had changes since the last releases. For now title content has the next logic:

title from Page component > title from UI Builder Setting tab > default title ‘Backendless Application’

If you don’t want to see the default title, you could add your in UI BuilderSettings tabGeneralTitle.

As for your issue when the title from the Page component is not shown - it could happen when the page has not been loaded successfully or for some other reason. Hard to say why directly. If you have a reproducible case or you could point some direction to investigate we will do it.

Regards, Dima.

Hello Dima,

I don’t see anywhere in UI Builder where this applies: "UI Builder → Setting tab → General → Title".

Can you please be more specific?

I’m only finding a place to set a title on the webpage itself.

Thank you for your assistance.

Mike

From “Dima Vak via Backendless Support” <support-forum@backendlessmail.com>
To “Michael Kadron” <mike@hyperpixels.net>
Date 5/3/2023 4:30:58 AM
Subject [Backendless Support] [UI Builder] “Backendless Application” showing up on tab title even when the title of the webpage has been set

Hi Michael,

Please see the screenshot below:

Regards,
Mark

Oh. Of the container.

I feel stupid :slight_smile:

Thanks Mark!

From “Mark Piller via Backendless Support” <support-forum@backendlessmail.com>
To “Michael Kadron” <mike@hyperpixels.net>
Date 5/3/2023 11:24:48 AM
Subject [Backendless Support] [UI Builder] “Backendless Application” showing up on tab title even when the title of the webpage has been set