Backendless didn’t like the “double extension” for App Icon

Application ID: 24792F64-AE63-C78C-FF20-8155D97BAD00

Oops. An internal error [b259328e-5756-c4b9-ab61-79050e47] has occurred. We are working on it. Please try again later

Problem description

Describe what you did in console that led to the error. Please provide a description of what actually happens. Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is. This will help us with reproducing the problem.

Steps to reproduce

Please describe steps to reproduce starting from the first action.

1. Tried to save an uploaded bio and app image
  2. Error received. However, the bio image was actually saved/applied.

Hi. Could you describe a little bit more precise the steps required for reproducing the error.

Hi Oleg,

Sure. I can try.

1. While logged into Backendless,
  2. I clicked on my Backendless account (top right of the portal)
  3. Then, I selected “Community Profile”
  4. Then, I clicked on the “Profile Photo”
  5. Uploaded my profile photo
  6. Went to the “My Apps” section.
  7. Tried to upload an “App Icon” by clicking on the pencil inside the “Change App Icon” box.
  8. Clicked SAVE
  9. Received an error message - “No connection with server” - image attached.

However, when I reloaded the page, I was able to update my Github URL and it saved. Seems like there is an issue with the “change app icon”.

After successfully updating my Github URL, I tried to upload the App Icon again. Same error.

Regards,

Darren

I’ve tried the same steps with your app, and was able to change the app icon (then i returned it back).

Could you try once again, please.
Maybe some problems with the network?

Same error, Oleg. However, I looked more closely at the file name. It had the following format name.ICO.PNG.

I duplicated the file and got rid of the “.ICO” leaving only name.PNG and that worked.

Looks like Backendless didn’t like the “double extension” and was throwing an error.

Same error, Oleg. However, I looked more closely at the file name. It had the following format name.ICO.PNG.

I duplicated the file and got rid of the “.ICO” leaving only name.PNG and that worked.

Sent from Front

Looks like Backendless didn’t like the “double extension” and was throwing an error.

Thanks for your help!
I’ll create the inner task for investigation [BKNDLSS-29710].