Backendless Error Calling API from app

Hi - I started receiving the below error this morning when calling /login endpoint from mobile app. Can you please investigate:

Backendless encountered an error while handling the request. An internal trouble ticket with ID 6E6F1657-6391-5E62-FF03-B3828CB80900 has been created and we will be investigating the issue.\nExpected authority at index 7: file://\njava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Expected authority at index 7: file://\n\tat java.base/java.net.URI.create(URI.java:883)\n\tat com.backendless.util.UrlHelper.extractHost(UrlHelper.java:13)\n\tat com.backendless.management.appsettings.OriginDomainService.setOrigin(OriginDomainService.java:62)\n\tat com.backendless.management.appsettings.OriginDomainService.setOrigin(OriginDomainService.java:40)\n\tat com.backendless.old.security.ValidateApplication.call(ValidateApplication.java:66)\n\tat play.core.j.JavaAction…

Thanks!

Hi, @Sean_Butler!

Please add your application ID, what version of Androin/IOS were you using and also what is your Backendless SDK version.

Regards,
Igor

Hi - I’m using the rest api not one of the ios or android sdks. This issue started occurring this morning. Everything was working fine yesterday. The error mentions the internal backendless trouble ticket id: 6E6F1657-6391-5E62-FF03-B3828CB80900. Can you investigate that trouble ticket? It may have the details you are looking for.

You didn’t mentioned on what mobile device’s system did it happened. And also can you please copy full request url and data.

This occurs on both ios and android when calling login api endpoint from a device. And i don’t want to paste the full endpoint and body here as it contains keys and login information. Here is the full error. Can you please escalate and let me know what this error indicates as it is blocking login requests in production?

Backendless encountered an error while handling the request. An internal trouble ticket with ID 9C179185-688C-132D-FF2E-DD2E807C2A00 has been created and we will be investigating the issue.\nExpected authority at index 7: file://\njava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Expected authority at index 7: file://\n\tat java.base/java.net.URI.create(URI.java:883)\n\tat com.backendless.util.UrlHelper.extractHost(UrlHelper.java:13)\n\tat com.backendless.management.appsettings.OriginDomainService.setOrigin(OriginDomainService.java:62)\n\tat com.backendless.management.appsettings.OriginDomainService.setOrigin(OriginDomainService.java:40)\n\tat com.backendless.old.security.ValidateApplication.call(ValidateApplication.java:66)\n\tat play.core.j.JavaAction.$anonfun$apply$8(JavaAction.scala:175)\n\tat scala.concurrent.Future$.$anonfun$apply$1(Future.scala:659)\n\tat scala.util.Success.$anonfun$map$1(Try.scala:255)\n\tat scala.util.Success.map(Try.scala:213)\n\tat scala.concurrent.Future.$anonfun$map$1(Future.scala:292)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.liftedTree1$1(Promise.scala:33)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.$anonfun$transform$1(Promise.scala:33)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.CallbackRunnable.run(Promise.scala:64)\n\tat play.core.j.HttpExecutionContext.$anonfun$execute$1(HttpExecutionContext.scala:63)\n\tat play.api.libs.streams.Execution$trampoline$.execute(Execution.scala:70)\n\tat play.core.j.HttpExecutionContext.execute(HttpExecutionContext.scala:58)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.CallbackRunnable.executeWithValue(Promise.scala:72)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$KeptPromise$Kept.onComplete(Promise.scala:372)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$KeptPromise$Kept.onComplete$(Promise.scala:371)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$KeptPromise$Successful.onComplete(Promise.scala:379)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.transform(Promise.scala:33)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.transform$(Promise.scala:31)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$KeptPromise$Successful.transform(Promise.scala:379)\n\tat scala.concurrent.Future.map(Future.scala:292)\n\tat scala.concurrent.Future.map$(Future.scala:292)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$KeptPromise$Successful.map(Promise.scala:379)\n\tat scala.concurrent.Future$.apply(Future.scala:659)\n\tat play.core.j.JavaAction.apply(JavaAction.scala:176)\n\tat play.api.mvc.Action.$anonfun$apply$4(Action.scala:82)\n\tat scala.concurrent.Future.$anonfun$flatMap$1(Future.scala:307)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.$anonfun$transformWith$1(Promise.scala:41)\n\tat scala.concurrent.impl.CallbackRunnable.run(Promise.scala:64)\n\tat akka.dispatch.BatchingExecutor$AbstractBatch.processBatch(BatchingExecutor.scala:55)\n\tat akka.dispatch.BatchingExecutor$BlockableBatch.$anonfun$run$1(BatchingExecutor.scala:92)\n\tat scala.runtime.java8.JFunction0$mcV$sp.apply(JFunction0$mcV$sp.java:23)\n\tat scala.concurrent.BlockContext$.withBlockContext(BlockContext.scala:85)\n\tat akka.dispatch.BatchingExecutor$BlockableBatch.run(BatchingExecutor.scala:92)\n\tat akka.dispatch.TaskInvocation.run(AbstractDispatcher.scala:47)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)\n\tat java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)\nCaused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Expected authority at index 7: file://\n\tat java.base/java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2913)\n\tat java.base/java.net.URI$Parser.failExpecting(URI.java:2919)\n\tat java.base/java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(URI.java:3163)\n\tat java.base/java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3114)\n\tat java.base/java.net.URI.(URI.java:600)\n\tat java.base/java.net.URI.create(URI.java:881)\n\t… 40 more\n

Hi Sean!

Can you send to direct messages URL and value of “Origin” header from request that is causing an error?

Regards, Andriy

I played around with line of code in which error is thrown. It is relay strange since entire URL is placed to exception message when it thrown.
So actually exception arises when server receives "file:// " as value of origin header.

Can you provide version of device OS?

Regards, Andriy

occurs on ios 13.3.1 and android 8.1.0. the same endpoint/code was working last night for sure on both devices… something on backendless side changed since yesterday. are you aware of anything?

We had released new version of Backendless today. Your error is caused by regression. I am trying to collect more information from you for reproducing it in our environment.

Regards, Andriy

Ok that makes sense that there was a new code push then. It’s probably the case that those aren’t the only device OS versions where it is throwing the error. those are just the ones i have with me. Please keep me updated on a fix. Thanks for your help!

I will keep you informed about progress with this issue.

Regards, Andriy

Hi Andriy - do you have an estimate on when you think this will be resolved?

Seeing the same error with our app also on iOS. (Testing on an iPhone 8 running iOS12).

Hi Jocelyn,

We are working on a fix. Could you please provide your application ID as well so we can verify the fix with it when it is ready?

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

Application ID: 31E743BF-3290-E964-FFC1-1A713DEC0A00

@Sean_Butler, @Jocelyn_Pearson

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna

Working great, thanks so much!!

Appears to have fixed the issue on my test device. thanks