Backendless Pricing and Scaling

Hi all,
I have a general query about the pricing, efficiency and scalability of Backendless.
I need to keep around 30 to 40 million records in my tables (each of them separately may contain 30 ~ 40 million) but they are joined together and I need to run queries on them via API calls to get data in bubble.io
Now there are two questions

1. What will be the cost?
  2. Is backendless capable of handling such large amount of data efficiently?

Hi Mohid,

1. The cost is not directly related to the volume of data. It is driven by the volume of calls your app makes. That in turn depends on the number of concurrent users using the app.

2. Yes, absolutely, these numbers are not very high by our standards.

Regards,
Mark

Can you give me an idea as to what may be the pricing when we are talking about 1000 users making API calls concurrently? Just a rough idea would also do

If a thousand concurrent users do something in the app that results in an API call within a minute, and that rate continues throughout the day, the charge for that day will be $45.

Thanks for the insight Mark, really helpful.

I would like to point out that there will be an additional charge for the additional records in the database. From the pricing perspective, for the size of the database and the number of users you described, your best option would be Backendless Pro. I recommend starting your project with Backendless Cloud, getting it off the ground, and when the app starts growing more actively, transfer it to your own Backendless Pro installation, which would not have any limits and offer fixed pricing.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for such a detailed breakdown @mark-piller
Is there any possibility of scheduling a call with Backendless team along with my client.
We are very eager to know more about the correct pricing plan that suits our need and we have some technical queries too regarding backendless

Hi Mohid,

Yes, of course. Please contact us at sales@backendless.com and we will coordinate a date and time for a call.

Regards,
Mark

@mark-piller How much time does it take for the team to get back to us? I have sent an email but I haven’t heard back yet

Hi Mohid,

I just responded to your email. I appreciate your patience with us.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much. I will finalize the time with my client and get back to you ASAP!

Regards,
Mohid

Hi @mark-piller, hope you are doing well.

Want to ask one thing, If we have upgraded our plan to scale version and now we have to test the app integration with our front end i.e., bubble.io and we are also doing internal testing. Will that cost us for each API call too?

If yes, is there a way to specify that this is a test version and not to charge for it?

Regards
Mohid