Backendless Pro - error when using external MySQL database - backticks issue

Hi everyone,

When trying to connect Backendless Pro to an external MySQL database using JDBC driver, the schema/column definitions/relations are imported properly but not the data.

Backtick error:
An error occurred: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘{my database name}’ Query being executed when exception was thrown: USE `{my database name}`

At first, I thought it had something to do with reserved mysql words used in column names but I got the same error after renaming some of them.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks

Hello @LPhan

We will investigate your problem and respond as soon as possible.

Regards,
Inna

Hi @Inna_Shkolnaya

Thanks, I hope there’ll be a fix soon, this bug showed up on a default installation so I’m unable to test further until it’s resolved, can the trial be extended?

Hello @LPhan

For this problem, we created an internal ticket (BKNDLSS-24486). As soon as there is additional information about its status, then we will inform you in this topic additionally.

Hi, @LPhan

The issue described above with the connection of an external MySQL database has been fixed in the version 6.3.3.5. Just make ./backendless_install.sh 6.3.3.5. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Marina