Backendless Pro - Fail to create from zip

Hello,

I have created a backendless pro instance. I’m trying to upload a zip file that was generated from the cloud version. The zipped file is nearly 900MB.

I think the importer is timing out when attemping to create the instance from the zip file. The request drops at exactly 5mins.

In the browser console:
:32400/console/applications/from-zip:1
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Is the request timing out due to a server configuration setting? Is there a way to increase the timeout duration?

Hi. Have several questions:

1. Is Backendless Pro installation placed on the same machine where you are working on and trying to upload the file?
  2. Do you see any error in bl-server, bl-taskman or bl-web-console?
  3. Do you have custom domain mapping?
  1. It is hosted on a vultr server which has the minimum requirements for backendless pro
  2. I don’t think so. I cleared those logs and re-ran the process. I don’t know exactly what to be looking for but nothing is jumping out at me as I quickly scroll through the logs.
  3. Yes

There may be several cases what’s going wrong.
You can check whether the import process is started after uploading the file (bl-taskman logs). So we can narrow down the search area. If the import process starts correctly (there should be an appropriate log message), then it means, that the ‘upload’ process finishes correctly, and you have to look further into the bl-taskman logs to find out the point where it fails.

I have attached the logfile from bl-taskman. I’m not sure what exactly I should be looking for.

log-file.txt (59.0 KB)

@Luke_Jasudavicius ,

Thank you for providing log file.

I was able to get “408 Request Timeout” error from /from-zip endpoint after 5.5 minutes when reduced upload speed in my browser to 8 Mbit/s.

I have created and internal ticket to investigate how timeout can be increased for this scenario.

Regards, Andriy

Is there a way to bypass this in any other way? Like, directly uploading the zip file to the server prior to building. We are under a bit of a time crunch to get this set up.

Luke,

My understanding is the problem arises because of the limited connection speed between the server and where you upload the file from. Do you have an option to get on a faster connection? or perhaps get a server closer to you geographically?

Regards,
Mark

Hello @Luke_Jasudavicius

We have released an update with a fix for the problem you reported earlier. You need to update to version 7.0.11.2
Please let us know if the fix worked for you.

Regards,
Inna