Backendless Pro self-hosted starting issue / cannot start backendless on local machine

Hi everyone,

I’ve installed backendless Pro on my laptop (MacOs) with the default ports using the quickstart archive and the steps from the git repo.
However, I am getting the below errors when trying to start it.

The full log is attached but basically it seems like it is looping over the same errors for 10 minutes then exits to console:

Some extracts:

18:08:40,303 |-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender[SQL-ERROR-ROLLING-FILE] - openFile(play-logs/sql-query-error.log,true) call failed. java.io.FileNotFoundException: play-logs/sql-query-error.log (Operation not permitted)

bl-swarm_bl-server.1.4jbamtrbewht@docker-desktop | 18:16:41.235 [INFO] WaiterService |main| Check access to consul

bl-swarm_bl-server.1.4jbamtrbewht@docker-desktop | 18:16:41.804 [INFO] WaiterService |main| Consul is not accessible. Error message: Error connecting to Consul. Waiting for 3000 millis before retry…

bl-swarm_bl-server.1.4jbamtrbewht@docker-desktop | 18:16:44.808 [INFO] WaiterService |main| Consul is not accessible. Error message: Error connecting to Consul. Waiting for 3000 millis before retry…

bl-swarm_bl-server.1.4jbamtrbewht@docker-desktop | 18:16:47.810 [INFO] WaiterService |main| Consul is not accessible. Error message: Error connecting to Consul. Waiting for 3000 millis before retry…

bl-swarm_bl-server.1.4jbamtrbewht@docker-desktop | 18:16:50.814 [INFO] WaiterService |main| Consul is not accessible. Error message: Error connecting to Consul. Waiting for 3000 millis before retry…

bl-swarm_bl-server.1.4jbamtrbewht@docker-desktop | 18:16:53.816 [INFO] WaiterService |main| Consul is not accessible. Error message: Error connecting to Consul. Waiting for 3000 millis before retry…

bl-swarm_bl-server.1.4jbamtrbewht@docker-desktop | 18:16:56.818 [INFO] WaiterService |main| Consul is not accessible. Error message: Error connecting to Consul. Waiting for 3000 millis before retry…

bl-swarm_bl-server.1.4jbamtrbewht@docker-desktop | 18:16:59.820 [INFO] WaiterService |main| Consul is not accessible. Error message: Error connecting to Consul. Waiting for 3000 millis before retry…

Has anyone encountered this before? Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

backendless-install-bug.log (328.6 KB)

hello @LPhan, it is look like consul does not start. Check if you have access to http://localhost:8500 also try to restart backendless execute ./backendless_stop.sh and then ./backendless_start.sh

Hi @sergey.kuk ,

Thanks for the suggestion, there is indeed a problem with consul, I can’t access http://localhost:8500 at all. It’s a development machine so I might have conflicting software or with the environment configuration.

In the meantime I was able to install and run backendless on a fresh linux VM with my own cloud provider. If you are part of the company, is there a reason you don’t publish a ready-made image on AWS or Azure?

Hello @LPhan ,

there is no some technical reason, we are working on simplifying the process of installation and management of PRO for single instance. For more complicated installation with high load and HA I suggest to use kubernetes instead of docker swarm. If you need help with installation please contact sales@backendless.com to get support