Backendless Swift Package has stopped compiling in Xcode 14.3 beta

Ok on to the new bug, the Backendless Swift Package has stopped compiling, try and compile with Xcode 14.3 beta on MacOS 13.3 Beta, when building our iOS app for 16.4, 16.3, 16.2 and 16.1 seem this is a new XCode requirement for imports

The following calls need to have the following import added.

@import Foundation

@objcMembers public class UserProperty: ObjectProperty {

public var identity = false

enum UserPropertyCodingKeys: String, CodingKey {
    case identity
}

required public init(from decoder: Decoder) throws {
    let container = try decoder.container(keyedBy: UserPropertyCodingKeys.self)
    identity = try container.decodeIfPresent(Bool.self, forKey: .identity) ?? false
    try super.init(from: decoder)
}

override public func encode(to encoder: Encoder) throws {
    var container = encoder.container(keyedBy: UserPropertyCodingKeys.self)
    try container.encode(identity, forKey: .identity)
    try super.encode(to: encoder)
}    

}

Hello @Alan_Cook,

Thank you for figuring out this issue.
Right now I cannot reproduce this problem with macOS 13.2.1, Xcode 14.2 and iOS 16.2.
We recommend using only stable versions of OSs and Xcode as there can be issues which will be resolved after the release.
I will add the import line for the mentioned class, and a new version of Swift-SDK will be available soon (I assume at the beginning of the next week).
If any other issues appear after the release of the mentioned versions of OSs and Xcode, they will be fixed asap.

Regards,
Olha

Unfortunately that really screws me up, I have a issue I am working with Apple on and I can not compile with out you adding a simple import line to your existing Swift package, it just one line

Import Foundation

Problem solved, no code of testing needed just a import of the lowest framework Apple has, can we make a non coding addition that has no effect on your code other thank allowing it to compile again, this effect any one moving swift 6 with Xcode 14.3 does not matter what iOS you are building for it a compiler issue, Alan

Thank you,

AlanCook
Senior Programmer
alanc@codefab-ph.com

PastedGraphic-15.tiff

(Attachment PastedGraphic-15.tiff is missing)

Unfortunately that really screws me up, I have a issue I am working with Apple on and I can not compile with out you adding a simple import line to your existing Swift package, it just one line

Import Foundation

Problem solved, no code of testing needed just a import of the lowest framework Apple has, can we make a non coding addition that has no effect on your code other thank allowing it to compile again, this effect any one moving swift 6 with Xcode 14.3 does not matter what iOS you are building for it a compiler issue, Alan

Thank you,

AlanCook
Senior Programmer
alanc@codefab-ph.com

Hello @Alan_Cook,

A newest version of Swift-SDK was released (6.7.7). Could you please try?

Thanks I can compile again with Backendless, using the swift package master release with the import Foundation on Xcode beta 14.3, thanks, Alan

1 Like