Backendless Table stuck in UX glitch to increase server sort buffer size yet all other tables work perfectly fine

Currently stuck in viewing my data due to filter memory issues. I have refreshed the page a few times, re-authenticated and still currently stuck in this user page.

hello @Ron_Ramirez

what is the application name and what is the table name?

@sergey.kuk Is there a private communication I can reach out to? Aren’t these threads public?

Hi @Ron_Ramirez

No, this is a public one

However, neither appId nor tableName are not sensitive data so you can share it without any risk

Regards,
Vlad

Still getting issues today on a different project.
App: finervacation.backendless.app
Table: Form Template Version

Hi. Just to clarify

• do you get error only in web-console or when making api requests too?
  • how many records were there when you got the error (because now it works for me) ?

I was able to reproduce a problem by adding a sorting on any of the columns.

It would happen occasionally when I navigate to this table without any sorting. Now that you mentioned it, sorting does make the error go away which is odd.

It is not odd. I’ll explain now:

• you use a json column, and save here a quite big amount of data (a more correct approach is to distribute related data across the table, especially if they have an explicit structure, but it is out of scope now);
  • it results to the situation when a tiny amount of records occupy a relatively big amount of bytes;
  • then you try to sort your data by the column which is not indexed and this leads to the exhaustion of free memory allocated for sorting;

You should be careful about the amount of data in one record and use indexes (where they are really needed). E.g. you may try to make sorting by objectId and by some non-indexed column (in REST console) and see the difference.