Backendless Transaction suddenly not work

How do you see that happening? Do you think that limitation comes from the server-side?

@mark-piller

Nope, I dont test anything.
I mean, there is no changes in Backendless unit of work API in version 6.0.0 from 5.7.1.
Which means that even if we dont upgrade anything should work as usual.

Mind if you test the transaction API while using SDK 5.7.1 and 6.0.0, please?
Because in my case, the transaction API not work in 5.7.1, but works in 6.0.0, but this will sacrifice the large user base as I have to change minSdkVersion to API 26 since there is no other way for now.

Hopefully that you and your team can find the root cause.

Is it due to change of transaction API endpoint?

As far as I can see this issue is not related to the minSdkVersion. It is due to SDK update to version 6.0.0.

Yeah but you need minSdkVersion 26 to use Backendless 6.0.0 android sdk, which is disappointing.

The backendless 5.7.1 unit of work API no longer works.

Transactions dont work in 5.7.1, yes. It should work only in 6.0.0.

Do transactions work for you if you set the minSdkVersion to 26?

Yes, but the reason is because backendless 6.0.0 SDK requires minSdkVersion 26/Android Oreo due to using invokedynamic (methodhandler.invoke()) which is not supported in android lollipop/sdk version 21.

Please help fix this.
MinSdkVersion 26 is pretty high today, and not many people have devices with android O and higher.

But previously using Backendless 5.7.1 the transaction/unit of work API works well.
What happened?

May I request you to send us the sample project with your code? Please include at least build.gradle configuration and the code you use to send transactions.

Unfortunately I can’t due to NDA.
I cant disclose all information.

But anyway, do you mind creating a sample android project with minimum sdk version = 21 and include backendless 6.0.0 SDK? You can see the error there.
Mark said that the team are able to reproduce this issue.

If you set the minimum version of Android to 26, does it work? I am asking you to do this as a temporary workaround, not a permanent solution.

@KamiMart_KamiMart

We figured out that the problem was caused by the nested dependency. We are working on resolving this issue. Meanwhile I’ve made the hotfix:
backendless-6.0.0-hotfix.jar.zip (1.1 MB)
So you can use it as a temporary solution.

By the way the minSdkVersion is not the cause of the problem. You can keep the minSdkVersion value to 21.

Yes it works.
But not satisfactory.
I am going to try the hotfix.

Thanks for the hotfix. It works!
Waiting for the official resolve.

Hi @KamiMart_KamiMart

We released the 6.0.1 version that should fix your issue. Please update your Android SDK:

implementation 'com.backendless:backendless:6.0.1'

Best Regards,
Maksym