Backendless Unity SDK 2020.3 Newtonsoft JSON Issues

Hello,

I am working on a Unity Application that I am for various reasons needing to upgrade to an updated version of Unity, in this case, the latest 2020.3. I am currently stuck trying the latest 2019.4 and cannot get the upgrade of Unity to work because of a conflict with the Newtonsoft JSON DLL that is included in the Unity Plugin. For reference, I am currently using version 5.1 of the Plugin.

The main issue seems to be that going forward, Unity is including the Newtonsoft JSON DLL itself, but the version they supplied is v12 and the one in version 5.1 of the Plugin is v9. I have also attempted to upgrade the version of the plugin, but we are using the Burst Compiler in Unity, and I am getting errors when I tried to upgrade the Backendless plugin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, @Jeffrey_Bennett.

I’ve created an internal ticket BKNDLSS-27728.
We are investigating this issue and as soon as it is resolved we will let you know in this thread.

Best Regards, Nikita.

As an update, I had Unity 2020.3.16f1 downloaded on my computer and that seems to be working fine. I’ll use this version for now, but would still like assistance on trying to resolve the Newtonsoft Issue.

Hello, @Jeffrey_Bennett.

We have added a new version of the BackendlessUnitySDK.
An issue that occurred on newer versions of Unity has been fixed. Let us know if things work as expected in later versions of the Unity.

Best Regards, Nikita.

Just tried it out and updated Unity and it worked! Thanks!

1 Like