I would like to start using counters in my invoicing app to keep track of the Invoice Numbers, I am using codeless logic to design the app.
I have had a look at the following resources:
- Counter API - Backendless Codeless Development Guide
- Management of Backendless Counters and Cache - YouTube
Each company which will be using my app will create invoices to invoice their customers, there will also be multiple staff members (Users) linked to one company, each staff member can create invoices.
Now I would like to do the following:
- When a new company signs up to use my application, a counter specific to that company must also be created.
- The counter must start at 10000 for each new company.
- Every time an invoice is created the counter must increment by 1.
I need assistance with the following:
- How do I create a counter which will be linked to a Company?.. (I was thinking name the counter after the objectId of the company)
- How can I set the counter to start at 10000?
- What logic can I use whereby the counter will be set the first time the logic is triggered, but also will not be triggered again after the counter is created?