Billing problems

Application ID: 2A0EB9A5-1BF6-5C77-FF0C-566B648F7600

A couple of weird things going on with my app billing

• I’m unable to switch from monthly to annual billing, I get “transaction denied” which could be an issue with my bank but I was able to switch from the developer to cloud 9 so not sure.
  • Switching to Cloud 9 is now saying that my next billing is 335 even though im still on monthly billing so not sure what’s going on there.
  • In my “show usage and charges” it says I’ve purchased the “Script/code execution time” function pack but doesn’t list it under Marketplace purchases

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 12.05.07 am

Edit: Looks like i was charged 300USD but then why does it still say monthly billing and that the next charge is in a month from now

Hi @mudasar-javed ,

Sorry for inconvenience.

I’m unable to switch from monthly to annual billing, I get “transaction denied” which could be an issue with my bank but I was able to switch from the developer to cloud 9 so not sure.

I have checked the logs related to this problem. It looks like there was not enough money on your card to complete transaction. For switching to annual billing period you will need $600 in total ($300 for Cloud 99, 60 for “Additional execution time” pack, $240 for “Unlimited Business Logic Scripts” pack). In current situation you will be charged additionally $300 to complete transition.

Switching to Cloud 9 is now saying that my next billing is 335 even though im still on monthly billing so not sure what’s going on there.

Such situation occurred because there was not enough money on your credit card. We can make refund for money which were charged above “monthly” subscription if you decide to stay on “monthly” billing period or we can charge additional sum ($300) when you will be ready to complete transition to the “annual” billing period.

In my “show usage and charges” it says I’ve purchased the “Script/code execution time” function pack but doesn’t list it under Marketplace purchases

Sorry for confusion. It was because of pack for additional execution time was updated in Marketplace and new version was released. In your app you have old version of this pack which was accidentally hidden by our moderation team. I have made appropriate changes and now purchases in your app displayed correctly.

Could you please tell me what you would like to do with your subscription?

In case if you want to complete transition to annual billing period, make sure that credit card has at least $300 for transaction. It is better to deposit a little bit more since additional fees can be charged by your bank.

Regards, Andriy

@Andriy_Konoz Thanks for explaining, could you please process the refund and switch me back to monthly for Cloud 9. Thanks

Also I think the switching from monthly to annual process should be clearer and tell you that “Hey youre actually going to get charged 100s of dollars right now, are you sure?” Instead of just trying to straight up charging me 600, failing but still taking 300 because I thought it would charge me on the next monthly cycle. Also if the function packs aren’t affected by an annual discount why cant those still be charged monthly?

@mudasar-javed ,

Ok I will pass refund request to our sales team. Again, sorry for this situation.

Also I think the switching from monthly to annual process should be clearer

I will discuss this moment with my team.

Also if the function packs aren’t affected by an annual discount why cant those still be charged monthly?

Unfortunately we can’t do that because of limitations of billing system which we are using.

Regards, Andriy

@mudasar-javed ,

Sales team have made refund to your card. $275 was refunded. $25 was kept for your 2 function packs.
I hope you will enjoy further work with Backendless.

Regards, Andriy