Bool search is backwards in Load Table Objects

Good Day

I am busy writing a very basic ToDo list and I suspect that the logic in the Load Table Objects is backwards when checking for a Bool in the Where clause.

steps I had to follow to get it working:

here I am attempting to remove an item in the list from being displayed:

In this image below ,I am changing the bool column named Display of the repeater object to True. then in the Where clause I set the repeater to display all objects in the table where the bool is true(in the Display column).

this then in turn displays all of the objects with false set in the Display column.
(i had to set the Display column default value to False - to get it to display when you create a new item using the same Where clause)

the logic should be : set the Display column of the repeater item to False, then have the Where clause search for TRUE. this should then remove the object that you have just changed to Display False

Kind regards
Jacques

If it is a boolean column in the database, your where clause is wrong as you’re treating the column as if it is a string:

Display='true'

For boolean columns, the quotes should not be there:

Display=true
2 Likes

example of what is in my table and what is displayed:

as you can see the row marked as True is not being displayed

thank you for your very quick response.

is it strange that the logic is still working even when i had my where clause wrong? but backwards?

regards
Jacques

'true'

does not equal

true

thus it is interpreted as false, as a result, the logic of the query execution works backwards.

Perfect. Thank you!