Can Social Login with Google return an access token to access further Google Resources

I’m trying to authenticate a user with Google so that I can make api calls to other Google services, such as Cloud Storage.

I have successfully setup Google Sign on and it generates a new User in the database. However, no Google User Token is returned. This token is necessary to access other Google API’s as that user.

Is there an additional API call I need to make to get that token? I’ve looked through Google documentation and Backendless documentation, but am still coming up short.

Hi @Stefan_Quartemont !

Welcome in our community.
Unfortunatelly “Google Sign In” integration allows only user authentication/registration in your app.
If you need to use other Google Services you need to authenticate user using Google SDK.
In such case you will obtain token via Google SDK, will be able to authenticate user using this route (Social and OAuth2 Logins - Backendless REST API Documentation) and access other Google services.

Regards, Andriy

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I’ll look into it.

Hi @Andriy_Konoz

I’m trying to use the Google SDK for client-side Oauth, but I can’t seem to find where I can import the library using the Backendless UI Builder… Normally it would be included in the Head of the page.

Hi @Stefan_Quartemont !

Sorry for the long delay.
You can try to load external libraries using custom blocks. For more information see the following link How can I load an external script in ui-builder with custom code block

Regards, Andriy