Cannot delete relation column in a table — error says "used in a view"

Application ID: AE4235E1-DBB7-C6F0-FF4A-E0378B0B2B00

Cannot delete column

Problem description

We have a table "availability_templates, which has a relation column to a table “profiles”. When trying to delete this relation as a column, get an error message “Unable to delete this column because it is used in teachers_followed_view”, with a list of variuous columns in that view. However, the column is not used in the view mentioned in the error message at all. In fact, as far as I know, relation columns cannot be used in a view.

Need help :grinning:

Hi @Alex_Klein ,

Sorry for inconvenience.
Can I perform an export of your app DB for more detailed investigation in the test app?

Regards, Andriy

Yes please, thank you @Andriy_Konoz

@Alex_Klein ,

System asks about balance clearance for such operations. Currently there are $9.40 on your balance which normally are charged with other charges at the end of your current billing period in January. If I perform export, you will be charged for that amount now instead.

Just to confirm - are you OK with this?

You are not paying additional fees - in the January, on billing period renewal, your total charge sum will be reduced on this amount.

Regards, Andriy

Yes, totally fine, thanks again

@Alex_Klein ,

It looks like a bug in our validation logic - for some reason system thinks that via this relation some of the view data is retrieved. I have created an internal ticket to fix this issue. Unfortunately there is no bypass for it. We will reach you out when fix will be available. Sorry for inconvenience.

Regards, Andriy

Hi @Andriy_Konoz thank you so much for the quick action, much appreciated :pray:

The relation column is gone (magically), I guess the issue is fixed? :grinning: