Cannot update user password

I will elaborate a bit more on my exact problem. For some reason I cannot update the user password (my particular use case is when the user forgets their password). I have a simple text view displaying ‘Forgot Password’. When the user clicks this text view, the logic essentially finds the user within the Backendless users table using a simple query based on the user email. Once the user is found, I update the user password ( user.setPassword(“password”) ) and make a callback to update the user in the users table. But, when I try to login using the newly assigned password for the user (which is now ‘password’) I cannot login. I know the password was changed because I cannot even login using the set password which was used to register the user. Any help would be appreciated. I can post my full code if that would help.
Also, I have been using the debugger within Android Studio. I set a breakpoint when grabbing the user from the users table. Within the user properties, I cannot find the ‘password’ field and when I try to log the password field, I get a null response. This is confusing me but I will keep trying to solve my problem. Maybe I am doing something completely wrong???

Hi Justin,

Please, look at those docs for getting information about how to reset a password of a user.
As about second part of your question - the server does not provide user password in the user object.

Regards Ilya