Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Can't figure out bulk create codeless function

Hey guys I’m attempting to use the bulk create function in codeless but can’t see to get it to work.

I just trying to start with something simple to get going, here is what I’ve tried:

Hello @Joel_Maclean

The objects input accepts a list of objects, not a single object as on your screenshot.
Try to use the following content:

[{ "exercise":"squat", "weight": 25 }]

But, make sure both columns “exercise” and “weight” are defined for the table.

Regards, Vlad

Thanks Vlad, I had tried that but before I put the text to object function in haha. Appreciate it, I will get my head wrapped around this and stop asking newb questions soon.

Sorry one more question on this, how do I save a list using bulk update?
I’ve binded my list to a collection in page data, and it retrieves fine, but when I update the list values and try to save it back to the database I can’t get it to save. I’ve tried doing this per row and for the full dataset. Here is the latest attempt:

(note if someone could point me to documentation on how these components and functions work I would read through it and save spamming this forum with basic functionality questions :slight_smile: )

I’ve been able to get it to work doing some shady stuff like this but seems like a hack

Hi Joel,

The most recent screenshot doesn’t show any logic related to bulk creation. As for its “shadiness”, yes, it can be simplified like this:

Regards,
Mark

Ok yes! Tks Mark, works well.
:ok_hand: