Can't install example app, using VS Code

I’m just to install the test project and getting this error message in VS Code debug console. Any ideas?

Launching lib/main.dart on Android SDK built for x86 in debug mode…
[!] Your app isn’t using AndroidX.
To avoid potential build failures, you can quickly migrate your app by following the steps on https://goo.gl/CP92wY.
[!] Gradle does not have execution permission.
You should change the ownership of the project directory to your user, or move the project to a directory with execute permissions.
Gradle task assembleDebug failed with exit code 1
Exited (sigterm)

Thanks

Could you please clarify where your “test project” came from?

It would be quite helpful for us to have steps to reproduce the problem.

Regards,
Mark

It’s just the one I’ve downloaded from my backendless account, I haven’t made any alterations to it.

Hi @Anonymous_Anonymous2

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will check and update this Flutter test project.
For now you can fix the error “Your app isn’t using AndroidX” by adding the following lines:

android.useAndroidX=true
android.enableJetifier=true

to your android/gradle.properties file.

Best Regards,
Maksym

Hey Maksym,

Thanks for the reply. I’m still getting the same error message. When I go back into that file, another line has been added. I’m not sure if that’s any help?

android.useAndroidX=true
android.enableR8=true

This line doesn’t affect your problem.
Do you still get the Your app isn’t using AndroidX error?

Can you also specify what the test project do you use? Did you download project template for Flutter or one of the Code Generation projects?

Best Regards,
Maksym

I used the project template for Flutter. Still getting the same error message in VS Code. Again in Android Studio. Just doing the file sync now.

I’ve reproduced your issue and I’ve created the internal ticket BKNDLSS-20664.

For now you can fix tthe first error “Your app isn’t using AndroidX” by adding the following lines:

android.useAndroidX=true

to your android/gradle.properties file as I mentioned above.

To fix the second error “Gradle does not have execution permission” you should run the following command from your IDE:

chmod a+rx android/gradlew

This hotfix is currently working for me. We will try to fix the Project Template as soon as we can and will let you know about it.

I’m sorry the inconvenience.

Regards,
Maksym

Hi @Anonymous_Anonymous2

We’ve updated the project template. Could you kindly let us know whether it works for you now?

Best Regards,
Maksym