Can't register a device after deleting a device from the console

Hi
I don’t know if this is expected behaviour but after registering a device (with latest Android SDK) for messaging, if I delete it using the console, I cannot longer register it from the phone. I don’t get any error message in the callback but it doesn’t show in the web console.
Any ideas?

Hi Israel!

This issue was fixed in latest release of android SDK.
We will update it tomorrow.

Regards,
Kate.

Awesome!!
I’ll keep an eye on it.

Just out of curiosity, why are you guys not updating the release in JCenter (or maven repository)?

Hi,

I’m currently having a similar problem using the REST API. I had previously been able to register multiple iOS devices, however today the same (unmodified) call is consistently returning the following error:

code = 5043 [0x13b3]
message = “Could not register channel”

I had manually removed the devices using the Messaging part of the Web Console.

I am attempting to register to the default channel (by not passing any channel names along with the request). I had however passed an expiration timestamp.

Any ideas as to what’s happening? Has something changed recently that i’m unaware of?

Cheers,
Grant.

Hi Grant,

Any chance you could try again? We had a malfunctioning server in the cluster that some [sticky] requests were routed to. The problem had been resolved.

Regards,
Mark

Hey Mark,

Yeah that sounds consistent with what i’ve been seeing. I tried it a couple of days later and the code executed as expected (successfully registering devices i’d previously removed).

Cheers!