Can't set permissions on files

Application ID: AE4235E1-DBB7-C6F0-FF4A-E0378B0B2B00
Error UID: FCD34629-3449-3C78-FF43-DA99ED468B00

Backendless encountered an error while handling the request. An internal trouble ticket with ID bl-server:FCD34629-3449-3C78-FF43-DA99ED468B00 has been created and we will be investigating the issue.
Error while committing the transaction
javax.persistence.RollbackException: Error while committing the transaction
	at org.hibernate.internal.ExceptionConverterImpl.convertCommitException(ExceptionConverterImpl.java:81)
	at org.hibernate.engine.transaction.internal.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:104)
	at com.backendless.datamodel.dao.AbstractTransaction.commit(AbstractTransaction.java:103)
	at com.backendless.datamodel.application.dao.AppJpaTransaction.executeSync(AppJpaTransaction.java:153)
	at com.backendless.datamodel.application.dao.AppJpaTransaction.executeSync(AppJpaTransaction.java:209)
	at com.backendless.datamodel.application.dao.AppJpaTransaction.lambda$execute$0(AppJpaTransaction.java:46)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1768)
	at com.backendless.async.BackendlessExecutorService.lambda$execute$2(BackendlessExecutorService.java:160)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
	Suppressed: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.persistence.RollbackException: Error while committing the transaction
		at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:396)
		at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:2073)
		at com.backendless.async.AsyncUtils.safeGet(AsyncUtils.java:67)
		at com.backendless.async.AsyncUtils.await(AsyncUtils.java:48)
		at com.backendless.management.permissions.RolePermissionsService.updateFileRolePermissions(RolePermissionsService.java:256)
		at controllers.security.RolePermissions.lambda$updateFilePermission$9(RolePermissions.java:228)
		at com.backendless.async.BackendlessExecutorService.lambda$submit$0(BackendlessExecutorService.java:84)
		... 3 more
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: could not execute batch
	at org.hibernate.internal.ExceptionConverterImpl.convert(ExceptionConverterImpl.java:154)
	at org.hibernate.internal.ExceptionConverterImpl.convert(ExceptionConverterImpl.java:181)
	at org.hibernate.internal.ExceptionConv

Problem description

Describe what you did in console that led to the error. Please provide a description of what actually happens. Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is. This will help us with reproducing the problem.

Steps to reproduce

Please describe steps to reproduce starting from the first action.

1. Try to set permissions on a file.

Hello @Christopher_Manzi1,

Could you please provide more details to reproduce this issue?

Regards,
Alexander

Really all I did was try to set any role permissions on a file under the path sso/saml.... I get that error every time.

Do you set the permissions from an API service? Is there a logged-in user on behalf of which the permission assignment call is made?

No I am trying to set permissions in the UI, and I don’t think I’ve attempted to set them anywhere else. As far as the second question, no, it is my user logged in via the UI that is attempting to make the change.

I was able to reproduce the error and have created an internal ticket for its investigation and resolution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Alexander

hello @Christopher_Manzi1

we have been fixed the issue, please check if everything fine for you

Thanks much - everythings good now.