Clarification about the Billing System of Custom Server Side Logic

Hello There,
Backendless Custom Server Code has been a totally fascinating feature to play around . I just went through the Billing Section and was confused over some parts of the Billing System of Custom Server Code. ( Free Tier One )

1. 5 Custom Business Logic Scripts
    Here, Suppose I have 3 AfterSave Handlers and 2 Custom API Services of my Own . Does it fills my Quota of 5 Custom Business Logic Scripts ?
    If not , can you give me some examples on what makes possible Combinations of Custom Business Logic Scripts ?
  2. Script/code execution time (5 seconds)
    How can I calculate the Script / Code Execution Time of my Custom Server Side Logic ? On what basis is it actually Calculated ? Is it the Time taken to Execute the Script per User Basis or in a total basis ?
    Suppose, I need to update Data Tables of 1000 Users (Simple CRUD style update ) , How can I calculate the Time taken for my Script Code to execute .
    Can You Give me some Idea regarding this Script execution time thing ?
  3. 2 mb script deployment limit
    Is it the aggregrate of all the Custom Scripts which I have deployed for the Server Side Code ? Suppose , I have 5 AfterCreate() handlers and 3 API Services. Will the deployment Size be calculated on a Sum basis . ? If not , how’s the thing overall calculated .
    I hope you can reply my confusions as soon as possible as Custom Business Logic is the chief part to be leveraged for our Project and we need to take decisions over our Design Architecture based on the pricing Plans too :slight_smile:
    Regards ,
    Pujan

Hi Pujan,

Please see my answers below:

1. 5 Custom Business Logic Scripts

Here, Suppose I have 3 AfterSave Handlers and 2 Custom API Services of my Own . Does it fills my Quota of 5 Custom Business Logic Scripts ?

Yes, this will make 5 “scripts”. Each API event handler, custom event handler and timer is counted as one.

===================================

1. Script/code execution time (5 seconds)
    How can I calculate the Script / Code Execution Time of my Custom Server Side Logic ? On what basis is it actually Calculated ? Is it the Time taken to Execute the Script per User Basis or in a total basis ?
    Suppose, I need to update Data Tables of 1000 Users (Simple CRUD style update ) , How can I calculate the Time taken for my Script Code to execute .
    Can You Give me some Idea regarding this Script execution time thing ?

I’ll show it “schematically”:

foo()
{
startTime = GET_CURRENT_TIME();

// your code here

endTime = GET_CURRENT_TIME();

totalTime = endTime - startTime;
}

The 5 seconds applies to “totalTime”

===================================

1. 2 mb script deployment limit
    Is it the aggregrate of all the Custom Scripts which I have deployed for the Server Side Code ? Suppose , I have 5 AfterCreate() handlers and 3 API Services. Will the deployment Size be calculated on a Sum basis . ?

Yes, it is the aggregate of all event handlers and timers. This excludes API services. Each API service has its own limit of 2 mb

Hope this helps.

Mark

Hello Mark ,
Okay I am Clear with the 2 and 3 part of my confusion
Some doubts over the Part 1 :
Suppose i have a Datatable A , B , C
A has an AfterCreate as well as BeforeCreate
B has an AfterCreate as well as BeforeCreate
C has an AfterCreatea as well as BeforeCreate

How much count does it makes ? AfterCreate and BeforeCreate of a Datatable fall under the Same Java /PHP code ? So , It should make 3 scripts right ?

Regards,
Pujan

This will be 6 event handlers. When you create them in Backendless Console, it clearly shows each individual event handler.

@Mark , Thanks
Oh Yes, I observed that it shows 6 Event Handlers.
How are API Services Counted ? As per Classes Basis or in Some other ways ?
API Services will be added along with the Event Handlers to fill that Quota of 5 Right ?

(P.S just a dumb Query , Can I do distributed Hosting : Like Hosting my Custom Business Logic Scripts on my own Server while the other parts like Databases and other to the Backendless Servers itself ? :smiley:

API Services are not counted as there is no limit for the services.

Regarding distributed hosting - I do not see how that would be possible. If you have an event handler, it is attached to a table which resides in the Backendless backend. An event handler would have to be deployed to Backendless Cloud in order for it to work.

@Mark Piller
Okay , My Doubts are cleared now :slight_smile:
Thanks for your support . You Guys are Great :smiley: