Clearing browser cache locks out users

Two of my app users cleared their Chrome browser cache. After doing so, they couldn’t log in again. They tried logging in on multiple devices and none of them worked, so the issue must have been server-side. It’s as if their accounts had been locked for some reason. I then manually changed the password for one of them to attempt to resolve the issue, then login worked for both of their accounts, which was nice to see but seemed strange. Is there any reason clearing browser cache would block authentication of a user account? Are there any auth/security settings I need to look at?

Hi @Marc_Chriqui ,

Resetting browser cache should not produce such effects.
What type of SDK (JS/Codeless) do you use in your app?

Regards, Andriy

Not sure why it happened then. I use codeless.

@Marc_Chriqui ,

Is “Multiple Login” is enabled in your app?
It is possible that server refused to login users again because that option was disabled and previous sessions were considered as “active” by the server.

Regards, Andriy

Yes it is enabled.

@Marc_Chriqui ,

Do you have error messages of errors which experienced those users?

No error messages, just that login fails no matter how many attempts (until I changed one of the users’ passwords the everything worked as I described, which may or may not be related).

@Marc_Chriqui

Was you able to reproduce this error by yourself in your app?

Yes. I tried logging into their accounts and it didn’t work (until I reset password).

@Marc_Chriqui ,

I created an internal ticket BKNDLSS-30581 to investigate this situation closer. I or my colleague will contact you in this topic after investigation.

Regards, Andriy

The issue is figured out and has nothing to do with clearing the browser cache. It seems the 2 users exceeded the number of simultaneous logins set in Enable Multiple Logins, so couldn’t log in. I changed the setting and everything is fine. Thanks for your help. You could close this issue and support ticket.

1 Like

Hello @Marc_Chriqui,

Glad you’ve figured it out and it works ok now.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Olha

1 Like