Clone app to existing app

Currently it’s possible to clone app to new app only, I would like to have option to clone TO existing app. We have “main” app and few “test” apps, we are not keeping all test apps with recent updates from “main” app, so when we need some changes first we export all tables from main, then import to test app. (Our test apps have billing enabled with few installed packs so we can’t just use new app)

This can potentially lead to a lot of problems. Think about all the collisions at the data schema level, validators, constraints, permissions, data object conflicts, business logic conflicts, file conflicts. This is absolutely not a trivial use-case.

what if it’s erase all original data first?

Then how is it different from the way it works now?

As I said - “Our test apps have billing enabled with few installed packs so we can’t just use new app”.
Which means, if we clone app, then we have to enable billing, enter credit card details (which is not handled by developer), choose billing plan, setup few paid packages from marketplace, change ids in front-end code. And we actually don’t need new test app - we just new certain test app, but with copy of data from source app.
So, I mean erase data - but keep billing and marketplace settings

Yes, from that perspective it sounds quite reasonable. We will add this request to the roadmap, however, I cannot commit to any timeframe for delivering this functionality.