"code": 3011, "message": "Property 'password' is required"

Mission: SHERIFF
Task: Invoke API using user account with custom role

I’m at step 8 of this Mission:
8. Perform POST (Create) operation - should succeed.

When I Post this Request:
{
“fare”:20,
“from”: “POINT( 20 10 )”,
“to” : “POINT( 30 40 )”
}

It returns this Response:
{
“code”: 3011,
“message”: “Property ‘password’ is required”
}

What am I missing?

Hello @Kenny_Butler,

Could you please provide your Application ID and the table name you’re working with?
This issue looks weird so please also provide your steps, so we could reproduce it.

Regards,
Olha

Sorry, I made a mistake in the process. I was able to complete this Mission.

Hi @Kenny_Butler,

How were you able to fix this error? I’m getting the same error when trying to post something while logged into the captain@backendless.com account during step 8 of this mission.

Thanks,
Coby

Hi Coby,

Are you doing with code or Codeless?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick response. I copied the code into the REST console directly from your mission tutorial video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk6NFNxBYWU) (per image below), and receive the 3011 response in the Response Body when I click POST.

I am logged in as the Captain America account, which is assigned the ‘passenger’ user role, which should allow it to create and update posts.

Thanks,
Coby

Could you please attach a complete screenshot from REST console showing all the fields including the response?

Sure:

As I see, you trying to save this data into Users table. I think you should change it to another.

Notice in the Request URL field it says /data/Users. You will also notice that the Users table is selected on the left (the screemshot doesn’t show that). When you’re adding a request to the Users table (by clicking POST), the password field is indeed required, because any new user record must have the password. Therefore the error you’re getting makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thank you very much @mark-piller and @Dima! It works now.