Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Codeless: Code generation issues


(Renato N) #1

Hi all,

I think i’ve run into a few other bugs while testing codeless:

I am trying to create / register a new user via a codeless method, so I go to use the “Save User” block, since there is no registration one, like so:

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/71306a33e3e448864cea4e3addf6d86a.png</img>

Behind the scenes, it looks like the code has been generated to actually do an update, which could explain why I get the following error when I invoke the method? :

Error 3057 Could not find user by id or identity

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/84e98b46c1307ddc76554ca2292e9507.png</img>

Since this should be an insert, and not an update, I’m assuming this is the bug?


I also noticed if you attempt to use the “Delete Table Object” block in the Data API, it will actually translate to a save in the code, which I assume is also not correct (since on invocation, the object is indeed not deleted).

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/9b1319ffe17dc3482541089412cba65d.png</img>

Renato

84e98b46c1307ddc76554ca2292e9507.png


(Renato N) #2

Remove user block also seems to have an issue with Try / catch blocks, where the code is generated in the wrong spot:

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/d9bb7771b521089dd5d04d92c777d551.png</img>

No matter what I do, the code for the user delete block is placed at the end of the function in the code window.

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/c871c62182b6fc43184b76ec9c587e07.png</img>

If I move the block outside of the try / catch, it will attach to the correct place in the code, but there seems to be some kind of weird parse / generation issue:

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/698c04eddcfb90cfcbd1824529f85203.png</img>

On top of that, once this error workflow is met, any changes to ANY other logic / blocks are no longer reflected in the code window, meaning changes are not saved.

It also seems to be isolated to just the Remove User block where as soon as I delete it from the code designer window, everything starts working again as I make changes.

d9bb7771b521089dd5d04d92c777d551.png

c871c62182b6fc43184b76ec9c587e07.png

698c04eddcfb90cfcbd1824529f85203.png


(Vladimir Upirov) #3

Hi Renato,

Thank you for your feedback,
Yes, we able to reproduce these problems and I’ve created an internal ticket BKNDLSS-15527 for fix it.
We’ll inform you when it fixed.

Regards, Vlad


(Vladimir Upirov) #4

We’ve fixed it, you can get the fix with the next release

Regards, Vlad


(Renato N) #5

Fantastic! Thanks Vlad.


(Vladimir Upirov) #6

Hi Renato

We’ve released the fix just now

Regards, Vlad