Codeless logic gets overwritten

Hi,

I would like to report an issue which has occurred to me several times in the last few weeks using Codeless UI Builder.

1. I open the logic of a component (for example a block) by clicking on the puzzle piece icon

2. the screen shows up and displays the right panel while the central part is loading, which can take a few seconds

3. the logic selected by default in the right panel might not be the one I’m looking for. In this example, the Label Logic is selected.

4. However, I’m looking to go to the On Click Event, so I click on the blue edit button for this logic.

5. If I do so while the central screen is still loading, I have already had several cases where the desired logic is actually replaced (!) by the one for the default logic shown. In this example, my On Click Event logic has been overwritten by the logic for Label Logic. And there is no way to get it back with the Changelog icon on top :cry:

This a quite an annoying and problematic issue, because not only is it quite painful to rewrite the whole logic. But also there might be cases where I don’t notice the replacement and the app logic then becomes faulty. Could you look into this please ? Thanks for your help.

My app ID = D7075715-5086-625A-FFAB-39C2F40FB200
This example is in the container app, on page O3
If you could restore the previous logic too, that would be great.

Hello, @Nicolas_REMY.

You can use backups tab to restore your container.
Regarding the problem you describe, I will create a ticket for investigation.

Best Regards, Nikita.

1 Like

Hi @Nikita_Fedorishchev ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It would indeed be interesting to know why this is happening.

As for restoring the logic, I haven’t ever restored a backup yet, and I am wondering if it will overwrite the whole container or just the logic I am looking at. I just need to restore that : only that logic, for that component, on that page. But I don’t want to lose what has been done on other pages, other components, etc. Also, before I click on the “Restore” link, I would like to understand if I can come back to my present state or if it’s a one way process. It does make me somewhat anxious !

I will clarify with the team, one moment

1 Like

Look at this screenshot:

OK, that’s what I thought. It’s global.

But if understand correctly, in my case I need to download this backup from the files, then identify the page/component folder, and copy the bundle.js and the onClick.js from there back to the files of my Backendless container. That should do the trick, right ?

yes, but not onClick.js, need onClick.xml

Sorry, that’s what I meant.
There is no onClick.js .
So I will try that.

It looks as though that worked, thanks for confirming !

1 Like

I ran into this once again just now. Thankfully it was a logic I had edited recently, so I could restore it with the Changelog button. But it is quite strange how one logic is replaced with another.

Could you confirm that the ticket has indeed been opened ?

Thanks

Hello @Nicolas_REMY

Are you working in the app ui-builder alone?

Regards

Yes. And with a single tab open.

@Nicolas_REMY

It is very strange.
To fix this problem, we need to find the steps to reproduce.
If you have the opportunity, can you try to reproduce this error on a new page? If possible, it would be great to get an on-screen cast.
We would be very grateful if this works out.
I turned on a simulated slow internet and played around with switching logic a bit, but it didn’t work.
Did it happen to you that the logic from the “Label Logic” place fell into the “On Click Logic” and it saved after refresh?

OK, I will try to find a way to reproduce, although it is quite random.

To this question :

Did it happen to you that the logic from the “Label Logic” place fell into the “On Click Logic” and it saved after refresh?

Yes, that is exactly the case.

For example the On Click Event logic will be overwritten by the logic for Label Logic. Or the logic for Visibility Logic will overwrite that for On Mounted, etc.