collection.data

Hi,

I wrote some code years ago where I used backendless as part of a proof of concept. I had to bring it back from the dead and fired up ye old backendless, turns out you guys have had some major changes. No biggy I have upgraded my account and installed the changes. But I’m having a little bit of an issue trying to work out how to reference the data the way I use to. Below is the new code, I’m particularly interested in how to rewrite collection.data portion.

New Query as per your documentation.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff}
span.s1 {color: #ba2da2}
span.s2 {color: #703daa}
span.s3 {color: #78492a}
span.s4 {color: #3e1e81}
span.s5 {color: #d12f1b}
span.s6 {color: #4f8187}
span.s7 {text-decoration: underline ; color: #d12f1b}
span.s8 {text-decoration: underline}
span.s9 {text-decoration: underline ; color: #703daa}

id<IDataStore> queryAircraft = [backendless.data ofTable:@"Aircraft"];

DataQueryBuilder *queryBuilder = [DataQueryBuilder new];

NSString *whereClause = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"AircraftIdentification = \'%@\'", aircraftRegoValue];

[queryBuilder setWhereClause:whereClause];

[queryAircraft find:queryBuilder

response:^(NSArray *aircraftObjects) {

NSLog(@"Retrieved %i objects", (int)aircraftObjects.count);

aircraftCount = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%d",aircraftObjects.count];

}

error:^(Fault *fault) {

NSLog(@"Server reported an error: %@", fault.message);

}];

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #4f8187; background-color: #ffffff}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #008400; background-color: #ffffff}
p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff}
span.s1 {color: #000000}
span.s2 {color: #ba2da2}
span.s3 {color: #272ad8}
span.s4 {color: #4f8187}
span.s5 {color: #703daa}
span.s6 {color: #3e1e81}
span.s7 {text-decoration: underline}

if (aircraftCount == 0) {

//reset the NSArray to be blank because no values came back

flightRecordData = [[NSMutableArray alloc]init];

}

else

{

flightRecordData = [[NSMutableArray alloc]init];

for (FlightLog *flightlog in collection.data) <---I loop over the results using the         NSMutableArray....well I use to.... 

{

How should I be referencing the data returned instance? queryAircraft?

Please understand I haven’t coded in about 3 years…so be gentle with your answers. I have many cob webs…

Cheers

Hello jeremy,
I assume you are using Backendless 4, right?

Please check this documentation for v4.
And here you can find the differences between data retrieval in v3 and v4.

Regards, Olga

Hi Olga,

Thanks for the response. I have seen the documentation and have read through it a couple of times. Clearly I’m Missing something.

Using your example,

[contactStorage find:queryBuilder
response:^(NSArray *contactObjects) {
NSLog(@“Retrieved %i objects”, (int)contactObjects.count);
}

contactObjects is the Array of which all the data is stored. Correct? So I’m thinking that I use this in my NSMutableArray. Then loop through the NSMutableArray for extracting elements that I wish to use.

Hope that makes sense.
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

contactObjects is the Array of which all the data is stored. Correct?

not all data from your table, but just a page, by default it is 10 records from your table. to get next 10 records you have to shift your offset with 10. Here it is a doc about paging https://backendless.com/docs/ios/doc.html#data_data_paging

Hi Sergey,

Gotcha. Okay So really I need to paginate through items. Mmm…Okay,

Thanks everyone.
Jeremy