Compile Error - Connecting to Backendless

Backendless Version (3.x / 5.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Online Latest Version

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

Swift / SwiftUI

Although the error is based on the demo code from Backendless which is not SwiftUI.

Application ID

31F6182C-E7B5-FEC3-FFCE-62E4D7D82500

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. Download Project from - Backendless Data Collection Tutorial for iOS (Updated) | Backendless
  2. Install relevant Pods
  3. Create Table in Backendless as per documentation.
  4. Open Xcode
  5. Clean & Build Project
  6. Run project on Simulator iPhone 11 or above.
  7. Run project on real iPhone.

Actual Behavior

Please provide a description of what actually happens, working from the same starting point.

Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is – instead, say “the request returns a 400 error with message XXX”. Copy and paste your logs, and include any URLs.

1. As above steps - simulator returns the following error - 2021-05-12 06:40:00.354228+1000 BackendlessDataCollectionSample[99433:4386260] [] nw_protocol_get_quic_image_block_invoke dlopen libquic failed

OR

1. As above steps - iPhone returns the following error. -
    a.) possible TLS error
    or
    b.) no data is shown from Backendless.

Reproducible Test Case

I haven’t changed any code at all from the example on the above project. However the only thing that was changed is the APP_ID & KEY.

Hello @Jeremy_Watson

I have created internal ticket BKNDLSS-25094 to investigate the issue

1 Like

Hello @Jeremy_Watson,

Sorry for the late answer. There’s some inaccuracy in the example code. To make the sample work please change Identifiable to BLIdentifiable in the Person.swift class:

@objcMembers class Person: NSObject, BLIdentifiable {
    var objectId: String?
    var name: String?
}

Regards,
Olha

Hi Olha,

I can confirm that has fixed the issue. Thank you team for reviewing and fixing!

Cheers,