Confirmation Link throws error

When people are clicking on the confirmation link in the confirmation email after registering, the web page shows the following error message:

Backendless encountered an error while handling the request. An internal trouble ticket with ID 6AAEC02C-3098-3193-FF35-F1275751A900 has been created and we will be investigating the issue.
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.backendless.servercode.InvocationContextFactory.create(InvocationContextFactory.java:60)
	at com.backendless.servercode.InvocationContextFactory.create(InvocationContextFactory.java:37)
	at com.backendless.servercode.codeBinding.EventHandlerInvoker.execute(EventHandlerInvoker.java:105)
	at com.backendless.servercode.codeModel.ModelCodeExtender.lambda$executeBinding$0(ModelCodeExtender.java:224)
	at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1541)
	at com.backendless.servercode.codeModel.ModelCodeExtender.executeBinding(ModelCodeExtender.java:223)
	at com.backendless.servercode.codeModel.ModelCodeExtender.executeAfter(ModelCodeExtender.java:202)
	at com.backendless.servercode.codeModel.ModelCodeExtender.performActionWithValidationUnsafe(ModelCodeExtender.java:164)
	at com.backendless.servercode.codeModel.ModelCodeExtender.performActionWithValidation(ModelCodeExtender.java:105)
	at com.backendless.servercode.codeModel.ModelCodeExtender.performActionWithValidation(ModelCodeExtender.java:92)
	at com.backendless.services.users.impl.CustomLogicDecorator.performActionWithValidation(CustomLogicDecorator.java:95)
	at com.backendless.services.users.impl.CustomLogicDecorator.confirm(CustomLogicDecorator.java:311)
	at com.backendless.services.users.impl.UserServiceClientsProxyOrigin.confirm(UserServiceClientsProxyOrigin.java:440)
	at controllers.Users.lambda$confirm$21(Users.java:515)
	at com.backendless.async.BackendlessExecutorService.lambda$submit$0(BackendlessExecutorService.java:106)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1700)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

Try this link …

Registration is confirmed though. The user status is correctly set to CONFIRMED.

Regards,

Hello @Klaas_Klever

I’ve created an internal ticket BKNDLSS-28086 to investigate this problem.

Regards,
Viktor

Any progress on this one?
People cannot register for my app. At least they think they cannot.
Regards,

Hello @Klaas_Klever

Not yet, our engineer will take a look into as soon as possible and we will notify you about any progress here

Regards, Vlad

Hello @viktor.liablin ,
I’m really afraid I’m loosing new users here, because they (think) they cannot register.
I hope you can prioritize this more.
Thanks

Hello @Klaas_Klever

The issue has already been investigated and will be fixed soon. This issue now has the highest priority. We’ll let you know about the fix as soon as it’s available.
As a workaround, I can suggest you

1. Disable eventHandler afterEmailConfirmed
    or
  2. Remove the “Request Email Confirmation Key” variable from the logic of this event handler

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Inna

1 Like

Thanks @Inna_Shkolnaya ,
The suggested workaround is good enough for now.

Regards,

Hello @Klaas_Klever

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna

Hello @Inna_Shkolnaya ,
The fix is working!
However, I have a new issue,that two identical confirmation emails are sent from my handler, instead on only one.
I think this is a topic for a new post, right?

Regards,

Hi @Klaas_Klever ,

Yes, you are correct. Please create new topic for that issue.

Regards, Andriy