Copy codeless logic

Hi team.
i’m finding my self a lot of time needing to copy the blocks between methods and events.
it will be nice if we can select blocks and copy/paste them between services.

Hello @mohammad_altoiher

We’ve already got this one, just select any block and press “cmd/ctrl + C” and in the another logic press combination “cmd/ctrl + V”.

This feature works only within one browser window, you can not copy/paste logic between different pages.

Also, there is a trick to copy more than one root block, just create a new Function block (not Custom Function) and put everything you need to copy and then copy the function block with all the blocks inside.

Regards, Vlad

3 Likes

That’s not what i mean.
copying on the same page is something i know of course.

if i made my logic in before messaging publish event and wanted to move the logic to the after messaging publish event for example.

that is not possible. i have to manually do it allover.

it’s possible, have you tried that?

I just recorded a video for you https://take.ms/CUglC

2 Likes

aha i understand you now :slight_smile:
i was opening two tabs and trying to copy

yeah, I mentioned this here, sorry if I confused you:

1 Like

Is there any planned updates to copying codeless logic?

It would be very useful to be able to do any/all of the following:

• copy and paste logic between tabs/windows
  • export and re-import codeless functions
  • duplicate a function/timer entirely and rename it

My use case is that I have some codeless patterns I want to reuse in lots of functions and timers.

2 Likes

Hello @Andrew_Schox

We have an internal ticket BKNDLSS-20355 to implement the export/import, but it has low priority.
We will discuss it with the team to move this up.

Regards, Vlad

1 Like

That’s great. I echo the Mohammad and Andrew in that request.

Thank you for the tip regarding custom functions, very helpful.

One question, what is the proper way to add a function like you described to an “on click event”?

1. Select the LOGIC tab
  2. Select the FUNCTIONS tab
  3. Click NEW FUNCTION

Thank you sir. Ya’ll rock! Thank you from an experienced coder forcing myself to learn a new, better way.

1 Like

+1 it would be great to be able to copy-and-paste logic between pages. The solution in this video does not work for me because I can’t see the “Code” section like in the video (I have Handlers / Functions where video hows Browser / Code).