Create a button for Maps

Hello,

I have made a user database and i would like to add a button next to the address field, when pressed should fetch the location of that address from google maps and either display on the same page or new page.

Someone, Please let me know how can i do that ?

Thank you

Hey Mark and Team,

Can you please let me know how can i achieve my task ?

How can i fetch the address from the ‘address’ field and display from google maps on button click ?

Thank you

Hi @Sayed_Ali,

does your address field is a relation type or just a string?
If it just a string, when you fetch users to show them in a list, don’t you also have this field in a user’s object? I don’t quite understand what’s the problem to fetch addresses. If you have any difficulties or errors, please let us know what you have tried so far.

Regarding the button, you can add logic on click, something like this:

Here the full URL will be consist of two parts: static https://www.google.com/maps/place and dynamic address (e.g. Piazza del Colosseo 1 - Google Maps).

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hello Stanislaw,

Thank you very much for your revert and my sincere apologies for any confusion caused.

All i am trying to do is : Once the address is entered in the ‘address’ field , there is a button i have placed next to this address filed saying “view on map” , IF this button is clicked, EITHER a new window opens up showing the location in the google maps OR the map gets displayed just below the address filed.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Awaiting your revert.

Are you using UI Builder?
Have you considered my suggestion from previous post?
It opens Google Map with entered address in a new window.
Also “address” field - is it input field in your app or column in a database?

Thank you so so very much Stanislaw,

I have managed to get it worked,…All because of you.

I was using APP DATA instead of PAGE DATA…

You are lovely…i wish you guys also started supporting users on weekends… ( just my 2 cents ) :slight_smile:

Resolved

1 Like