Creating Nice UIs in Backendless

Hi everyone,

I’m a complete beginner to this platform and haven’t use Backendless to create any apps yet. (Although I have used other visual coding programs and have experience with developing mobile applications.)

I’m currently in the process of planning an app in Adobe XD. I have some pretty ambitious plans for the app’s UI and I was wondering if you would recommend Backendless when it comes to being able to create nice and aesthetically-pleasing user-interfaces (if not, is there another software you would recommend?) and if Backendless supports transitions/animations (such as crossfades when switching pages or when changing the visibility of a component).

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I personaly would go for Flutter from Google, it builds apps for ios and android on their native UI and libraries. Another thing I wonder if Apple still approve webview apps on their app store, if not then any webview UI like backendless will be pretty bad for you. Can someone confirm it?

1 Like

Hi, @Laith_Weinberger

If you are new at Backendless I would recommend you to see our tutorials on YouTube - there are a lot of videos about our Codeless system, our new feature UIBuilder and lots of other.
By the way, we support several types of SDKs, as well as the REST API and our Codeless system. So each developer can choose that one is convenient for him. You can read more about our features there.
And also you can find a lot of useful for you in our blog.
Our team works to improve our service every day.

Regards,
Marina

1 Like

Hello @Laith_Weinberger

Welcome to the community!

Our UI-Builder is one of the highest priority features and the team works on improving the service each day. These days we do not support transitions/animations however, it is on our roadmap. Also, we are about to release a new section “Assets” for advanced UI customization.

I would recommend you to take a look at the UI-Builder and check basic conceptions.
You can start from this video course

We are open to any suggestions and feedback.

Regards, Vlad

1 Like

Hi @Hassan_Kanso, @Marina.Kan, and @vladimir-upirov, thank you for your responses! I’ll check out those tutorials! I also have two more questions:

Going back to what @Hassan_Kanso said, is it true that Backendless apps might not be allowed on the Apple app store?

Just curious, is there an ETA for transitions/animations? I understand if there isn’t.

Hi @Laith_Weinberger,

Here’s a discussion on Apple’s acceptance of Hybrid apps:

If your app is simply a repackaged website, you’re most likely will face rejection from Apple. However, if you build an app with UI Builder that will not be a website, but a dedicated mobile app functionality, you can make an argument in your favor. So to answer your question, it is not so much a matter of what system you used to build an app, but how you plan on positioning it for your users.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

No
you can and it will not be rejected for that reason. use Cordova WKWebView Engine and apple will not reject it.

3 Likes

Oh, ok. Thanks!

I’ve found that using appgyver for the frontend, and backendless for the backend, is the easiest way to create a native mobile app without many restrictions. Appgyver has all the UI tools you need. And backendless is undoubtedly the best nocode platform for backend.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your words.

This inspires us to make Backendless even better! :slight_smile:

Regards, Dima.

I’m still deciding what program to use to create my app and I’m actually torn between Backendless and AppGyver. I had no idea that you could use both!

How would you use both platforms? Would you save your AppGyver project as a web .zip and import it to Backendless?

I want to offer you a try to create both sides with our services. You can create backend with Backendless and front-end with UIBuilder.
You can find much information about this in our documentation and youtube lessons

Regards, Dima

2 Likes

the tiny appgyver database is not meant for production. And it doesn’t have 5% of the backendless features. For example, you won’t be able to send push notifications, implement user registration, send transactional emails, so on and so forth.

appgyver is only for frontend development. If you want to store data on your react native app in production, then you will want to use backendless. To connect to backendless, you can use the Backendless rest API.

4 Likes

https://symmetricdynamite.gitbook.io/backendless-appgyver/

You can use this as a guide if needed.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for the guide @Symmetric_Dynamite!