[Critical Issue] Save objects return null at random time

I use Flutter sdk backendless_sdk 7.1.7, Save objects return null at random time. Sometimes it returns Map data, sometimes it’s null and did not throw any exception or error message.

it happened from 11/17 2 PM GMT+0 till now. It worked fine before that time

For me using Android SDK 6.1.2, I am getting a similar errors. I think the server is returning null to the Backendless Android SDK, causing NullPointerExceptions. This is making our app crash every time it connects to Backendless, meaning it crashes as soon as the app starts. Here are some stack traces where it happens:

1 Like

find query has the same issue.

Sometimes its return correct data.

Sometimes return null with exception “NoSuchMethodError: The method ‘cast’ was called on null.
Receiver: null
Tried calling: cast<Map<dynamic, dynamic>?>()”

Hello @long_nguyen @Jeffrey_Sera

We will investigate the issue and let you know the result as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Inna

@long_nguyen

The problem has been fixed. Please check it for yourself and let us know the result.

Regards,
Inna

@Inna_Shkolnaya it’s working fine now. Thanks. Can you tell me what happened? our customers are very angry :frowning:

@long_nguyen

We had a regression in the code. In order to prevent the problem from happening again, we have added tests to catch errors. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Inna

1 Like