Custom domain not published

Hi,

Backendless Version 6.4, Cloud99 subscription

Application ID 45F4AD7D-0C9A-4A6A-FF23-2666FDC93000

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. As per documentation, set CNAME to eu.develop.backendless.com
  2. Waited for changes to propagate.
  3. Saved re-direct domain in ‘custom domain’ via console.
  4. This is where I’m not sure if I’ve done the correct ‘publish container’ folder. Saved to a folder named after the app name.

Actual Behavior

1. Click on ‘open publish app’ produces a response ‘The requested URL /appName/index.html was not found on this server.’

If you could point me in the right direction!

Regards,
Paul HIllen

Hello @Paul_HIllen,

You say

As per documentation, set CNAME to eu.develop.backendless.com

But we have this one eu-develop.backendless.com. Please set the CNAME to eu-develop.backendless.com and check if it works?

Regards,
Olha

Sorry, typo error when adding ticket. CNAME is/was set to eu-develop.backendless.com.
Regards.
Paul

hello @Paul_HIllen

currently, we have a bug on EU cluster with the internal number BKNDLSS-25158 it will be fixed in the next 48 hours, we will notify you about the fix. As a workaround for tests you can use the following pattern:

http://<your-domain>/api/files/<files-path>

files-path you can find in file service in backendless console.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, @Paul_HIllen

Your problem is related to the CNAME. Please set the CNAME to eu-develop.backendless.com.

When I ping your domain I got

ping ecofoodsafe.com
PING ecofoodsafe.com (77.68.64.16) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from server77-68-64-16.fasthosts.net.uk (77.68.64.16): icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=46.1 ms

In normal CHAME operation It should be

ping eu-develop.backendless.com
PING eu-develop.backendless.com (178.32.126.244) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from cloud-nginx2-eu.backendless.com (178.32.126.244): icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=42.3 ms

Regards,
Marina

Hi,
Sorry but I’m having difficulty understanding who creates an SSL certificate and where do I find Certification Centre, private key and the CA Certificate (full chain).
If I could confirm, the app generated via backendless is hosted on backedless servers and I need to prove authority to have access to use my domain ‘ecofoodsafe.com’.
Should this assumption be correct then the domain provider I use at the minute is asking for backendless to provide the CRS data.
Could you point me to any specific support pages / videos, please?
Regards,
Paul Hillen

Hi, @Paul_HIllen !

If you do not currently have a SSL certificate for domain ecofoodsafe.com and you want to buy it then you need to create a request for it, ie CSR ( What is a CSR (Certificate Signing Request)? how to create CSR)

If I understood you correctly