Custom User Roles Not Updating

Backendless Version (5.x, Pro)
Client SDK (REST/JAVA)
Application ID: 40BD7BDC-AAFE-4E5A-FF93-E329F3C5A900

Expected Behavior

1. Existing custom user role is removed from a user using the Backendless Web Console or Business
    Logic Code
  2. User logs in/logs out
  3. User role list should reflect changes in the addition/removal of custom user roles IMMEDIATELY.

Actual Behavior

1. Existing custom user role is added/removed from a user using the Backendless Web Console
  2. User logs in/logs out
  3. User role list PERSISTS not reflecting the changes in the list of user roles for an indefinite period of
    time.

Notes
I am building a few Business Logic services using the JAVA SDK. One of the features is to have a user with a SUPER_ADMIN role be able to modify the custom roles I have implemented for other non-admin users. However, using the REST endpoints for modifying user roles as well as the built in JAVA SDK methods of .unnasignRole() and .assignRole() fail to update the list of a users permissions retreived by InvocationContext.getUserRoles() or Backendless.UserService.getUserRoles(). The previous assigned roles seem to persist indefinitely and I have not been able to figure out a means of refreshing/clearing cache to update the list.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reporting this problem. An internal ticket has been created (BKNDLSS-19927). We will notify you when the problem is fixed.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Smith

We’ve released a fix, now changes in user roles are reflected right away

Anton