Data import missing many rows

Hi,

I am trying to use the import service to migrate data from another database. I am testing it out with small batches of data. A lot of the data has relations and I believe I have set these up correctly in the CSV.

After import, it sends me an email saying it is successful. However, when I go to check one of the parent objects (class_templates) only two of its children (class_instances) were imported, when I have verified that there are 46 in the CSV that should have been imported. Everything looks correct in the CSV format, and the instances don’t even appear to be there at all (it isn’t just a problem with setting relations).

App ID is AE4235E1-DBB7-C6F0-FF4A-E0378B0B2B00, can you please help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks

Hi Christopher,

The import service maintains a detailed log which includes information about skipped rows. There may be additional details about the reason they were skipped. Please check the log file for these details. The log file is going to be in the Files section, the /import directory.

Regards,
Mark

Ok I think I see what is going on. Here’s an example:

46 01:49:22 IMPORT_DATA Ignores rows with values [3BD1D3CF-3834-4D11-8857-3FD68CAD57AD, Yoga Safari To The Soul, Feed Your Soul in these signature Namastacy classes that transform the physical, tame the cerebral and energize the spiritual. All classes are an alignment-based therapeutic yoga flow in the Krishnamycharia lineage. Each class is intelligently sequenced to address different levels, so the experience is a perfect blend of strength, flexibility and balance designed to challenge everything from the core to consciousness taking you into a sattvic state from beginning to end., 20.0, EEFB4438-4848-4312-9567-EBFC6EB551E6, 1667968800, 0, True, False, False, 25, 1667950200, 0, 04/26/2023 01:49:22 UTC, null]. Invalid date format for value ‘EEFB4438-4848-4312-9567-EBFC6EB551E6’

It looks like it’s parsing the long description (third column) as two separate column. I checked my source file and the string is properly quote-escaped. Is there something else I need to do?

Edit: Original row:
3BD1D3CF-3834-4D11-8857-3FD68CAD57AD,Yoga Safari To The Soul,“Feed Your Soul in these signature Namastacy classes that transform the physical, tame the cerebral and energize the spiritual. All classes are an alignment-based therapeutic yoga flow in the Krishnamycharia lineage. Each class is intelligently sequenced to address different levels, so the experience is a perfect blend of strength, flexibility and balance designed to challenge everything from the core to consciousness taking you into a sattvic state from beginning to end.”,20.0,EEFB4438-4848-4312-9567-EBFC6EB551E6,1667968800,0,True,False,False,25,1667950200,0

What is the column data type for the long string element?

Also, make sure the source file uses “straight double quotes”, like this:

"

In the example you posted, I see these:

(I hope the forum editor doesn’t change the quotes)

Mark

It’s a TEXT type column.

I checked and the quotes in the CSV are just regular quotes, must be the forum.

Please upload a sample CSV file with a row that fails to be imported. We also would need to get the schema information (if it is not in the CSV file).

class_instances.csv (219.4 KB)

Hello @Christopher_Manzi1,

I see that you attached the class_insanses file, but the log shows that you imported the class_templates table as well. Could you please attach the entire archive with the data that is not imported. Since I can’t reproduce the problem the name of only 1 csv file.

Regards,
Inna

attendance_entries.csv (21.7 KB)
class_templates.csv (22.1 KB)
I’ve uploaded two of the other csvs here. I dont want to import the last one as it contains customer PII.

Hello @Christopher_Manzi1

We still need the “profiles” table. Since I now get the error that there is no such table.

Regards,
Inna

Hi @Christopher_Manzi1

Please add the files class_instances.csv and class_templates.csv to a zip archive and then import that archive - this way there will be no errors and all data for these two tables will be successfully imported.

Regards,
Viktor Mudrevsky