Data loss on EU server

Hello,

We built an iOS app for our company that uses Backendless as the backend. However, we process everything ourselves in local software with a local SQL server. The driver takes orders from the customer using the app and the driver then sends them to Backendless. The local software in the company regularly asks Backendless whether there are new orders and if so, they are retrieved and processed in the company.
We have now had the problem several times that orders have been processed in our local software, but they can no longer be found in Backendless. But the data must have been in Backendless’s database, otherwise our local software wouldn’t have been able to retrieve anything. There is also no delete function anywhere.
Is it possible that due to the problems with the EU server, an out-of-date backup was restored?

Application ID: 1D587F4E-EAEB-B148-FF91-47B0E1F88F00

1 Like

Hello @Gerrit_Marttila,

could you please clarify when the problem with receiving data from Backendless started? How is data requested from the Backendless? Could you please provide us with logs or any additional details related to the issue?

Regards,
Stanislaw

Yes, of course I can.

Maybe the procedure first. The driver places an order in the iOS app. The app then calls a self-created API that I created in Backendless. The API takes multiple orders per customer and each order contains multiple items. The whole thing is basically passed to the API in a package. The API then accepts the package and stores the data in the backendless database. The local software in the company calls a different API every 15 minutes, which then outputs the order data again. This means that only data that is also available in the database can be released.
We now have various functions in the app and, among other things, the driver can also see an order history. Now the driver noticed that there was a gap in an appointment for two customers. We visit our customers regularly and this is easy to see.
I then checked and saw that our local software here at the company received the order and processed it. However, I can no longer find the data in the backendless database. There is simply nothing left.
For example, an order was placed on March 26th. triggered. I can find this in our software, but no longer in the Backendless database. However, there is no function in the iPad app or in the web area where you can delete orders; this is not intended.
However, since there have been problems with the EU server recently, I’m now wondering whether the data loss problems may have originated here. Was a data backup perhaps restored?

1 Like

Sounds like related to Addressing Our Current Outage: Steps Forward | Backendless

1 Like

Ah okay, I hadn’t read the post yet, but that will certainly be the reason for it, because it applies to the time period.