Data Table Questions

Some questions concerning the Data Table UI component:

• In my table I have a column X which is a 1:1 relation to a column Y in another table. I cannot select this relation column X when defining the data table. Is there a way to use relation columns in data tables?
  • If the former is not possible, I would like to use a non-relational column, add it to the Data Table component and use a dropdown selector to let the user choose 1 out of n possible values. Is this possible to format a column as a dropdown selector?
  • The Data Table component is using some english texts like “Search” in the search field, or “Are you sure you want to delete this row?”. Is it possible to translate these texts somehow? Where are these texts stored?

Regards,

Hello @Klaas_Klever

You can create a view and add all the necessary columns. After that, for the DataTable component, select the name of the view from the list.
Unfortunately, you can’t change the names for text like “Search”, etc. yet. But I will discuss adding this feature with the team.

Regards,
Inna

@Klaas_Klever

Internal ticket BKNDLSS-26874 to add the ability to change the text added.

Regards,
Inna

Thanks @Inna_Shkolnaya ,
Using a view is fine to display the relational fields. The main disadvantage is, that the data entries are not editable when using a view as the base for a datatable.

At least this is a step forward for me, because the “record selected” event seems to work. I can then display a popup to maintain/add single data records …

Regards,

1 Like