Data Tables Optimization Question

Hi

Working with the optimization for the new Scale Plan, I would like to confirm how many API calls are counting when we use a “Data Table” because I found this facts during my testing:

I add a Print “Table Where Clause” at the “Where Clause Logic”:

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 20.35.04

Then I run the web page with the “Data Table” and I found 7 API Calls

And checking the network calls I found 2 count and find.

Each time I change the page generates 5 API calls just for show 10 records.

1. If the client just clicks 10 times looking for information at page number 10 during 1 minute this simple action moves to Tier 5 and because it’s daily the monthly cost go up to US$88,50. That is right?
  2. The “Data Table” it’s already optimized under the Scale Plan or I’m wrong?
  3. To optimize we need to avoid “Data Table” because Load Table API Call size could be 100 records by maximum. Data Table set in 10 rows makes 10 API Calls for 100 records ?

Thanks, Mario
PD. Sorry for the questions but optimizing for me it’s key to understand if my business is compatible with Scale Plan.

Could you please show what you think is an API call? There seems to be a major disconnect in your understanding of how things work.

Yes, when I use a “Load Table objects” that generated an API call where could bring me no more than 100 rows of data of my database according to the where clause provided.

Now if I use the “Data Table” looks like it’s not 1 API call for the same 100 records it’s making 10 API calls of 10 records. Please check it with the information sent. And if one client navigates in less than a minute for the 10 pages it’s making 1 API Call for each new page of data or not? Because that maybe generates my spikes.

Thanks, Mario
PD. Sorry my english maybe a Zoom or Google Meet could be better to show real time my screen.

The requests the app makes can be seen in the Network tab of the devtools in the browser. That part you have not shared. Please check it and share if needed. Without seeing it, neither you nor we don’t know how many requests are actually made.

I was looking into the “Data Table” like any of my clients can you it and in 1 minute they can make 118 requests part of this I can optimized because are images but the use of the Data Table send me to Tier 6 = US$127,50/ month

Thanks, Mario

What is your question? :wink:

How many API calls make a “Data Table” set in 10 rows for a total of 100 records?

Should be 1 but looks like it’s 10 calls, each one of each page navigation.

Thanks, Mario

It depends on the page size. If page size is 10, it will be 10 calls. If the pagesize is 100, it will be one call.

Exactly, and that’s the problem in database management more than 100 records the Data Tables must set to show 100 not 10 if I don’t like spikes.

Thanks, Mario