DateTime Picker suddenly ignoring settings

We have a number of DateTime picker components which are set to “Date Only” (don’t show clock) and “Auto OK” (as soon as date is selected, close date picker overlay).

These components were working well until this morning… but now suddenly, the clock shows after date is picked, and the thing doesn’t close automatically either. Did something change with this component?

Hi, @Alex_Klein

We apologise for the inconvenience. An internal ticket has been created - BKNDLSS-32194. We will let you know when the issue has been fixed.

Regards,
Marina

Hi Marina,

OK, it sounds like Backendless did change how this component works and updated something without testing that the component still works as expected… please let me know if I’m correct about this. If we were live with users, this problem would have been a “show-stopper” (disaster)…

Is there an ETA on the fix?

We did not make any changes directly to the component. Therefore, it was affected by something else. We will do our best to fix this as soon as possible.

Regards,
Marina

Thanks, I appreciate all you do :green_heart:

Hi guys

The issue has been fixed could you please refresh the browser page (with UIBuilder designer) to upgrade the UI-SDK and then check the component

Also, please pay attention there is another issue with the date/time formats

which we are going to fix asap as well, we are really sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,
Vlad

2 Likes

I can confirm the issue is fixed (settings for datepicker work again), thank you :clap:

If you would, can you explain why this issue suddenly appeared, and why the datetime pattern is changed?

we recently applied several improvements and fixes in the UI-SDK and one of them was replacing
luxon - Immutable date wrapper to https://day.js.org/ which reduced the build size and improved performance and in the migration we didn’t have tests for dd and yyyy format tokens

we are really sorry for this and we appreciate your patience

Regards,
Vlad