Debugging event handlers - not possible or not triggered?

How can I get debug information when writing event handlers? I am so far unable to get anything to be output. What are the prerequisits for them to trigger any debug information? I have tried normal print statements, and log statements, with logging level set to TRACE. The database I have tried to update using backendless console, API calls and timed triggers. Still no output.

I am trying to write event handlers for database requests. The database requests will be both from triggers (scheduled jobs) and from users interacting with them. At least that is the thinking. When someone updates data in one table, I want to write posts to a changelog table with what has been changed.

Am I better off doing this using funcitons and not bothering with event handlers?

hello @Egil_Helland

Please ensure that you have configured the correct log level.

To begin, activate the ‘Application-wide log level’ for ALL. Proceed by executing a few API calls, and observe the corresponding log levels in the ‘Category Loggers’ table. This will empower you to select the most suitable log level for your logger.

For real-time monitoring, access your logs through the ‘REAL-TIME LOGGING’ page. Alternatively, you can download the log file from the ‘Log Management’ section under the ‘Files’ page.