Deep linking to a specific page / context in a mobile app

Hi,

I need to build deep-links that can land a user to a specific page and context inside a Backendless mobile app (built using the Flutter mobile app shell)
Here is what already works and what I am looking to do :

• I have configured both AndroidManifest.xml and iOS Xcode configuration files so that deep-linking works with the base URL (such as https://myapp.mydomain.com). This launches the app on the defined main page.
  • I am looking to open the app into a specific place, i.e. page and parameter included, such as UrlEncode(/index.html?page=mypage&data={“param”:“value”}).
  • Question is : how can I do so ? If I try combining both, such as https://myapp.mydomain.com?page=mypage&data=%7B"param"%3A"value"%7D, it does not work : the app launches at the default page.
  • I have not found any documentation on the proper syntax to do so, and would like to understand how I could achieve this.

(This is a follow-up to this ticket which is maybe a little old : Deep Linking Quastion - #4 by mark-piller)

Thanks for your support.

Hello @Nicolas_REMY

I’ve created an internal ticket BKNDLSS-30276 to investigate your question.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @viktor.liablin ,

Where do we stand on this subject ? I had first asked the question back in June and I will really need this feature soon : when providing notifications to a user, they expect to land in the right place in the app, not on the home page.

Thanks for the feedback

Hello, @Nicolas_REMY.

Yes you can achieve it now(So far only for iOS :frowning_face:). Steps to implement:

• When your app is launched you need to register device for push notification(after user login in your case, I mean).
  • After that you must to add listener for on tap push action.
    This block called from this line. Additionally, implementation of this block. You can change name of event if you need or something else.
  • Then in implementation of this event(UI Builder side), you need to add blocks Go To Page that redirect you to page that you need.

This is implementation of event that redirect user to another page when he taps on push notification.

Important: Into push notification you need to put headers with parameters that specify page that you need to open when user taps on push.

If you have any questions - you are welcome :slightly_smiling_face:.
Best Regards, Nikita.

OK thanks for the quick feedback.

I think the explanation makes sense. So I will try to implement and come back here if I need help.

There is still the matter of Android. Any information on the timeframe there ? (I have about twice as many Android users as iOS users…)

I will check with the team about when we should expect a fix in Android-SDK.

1 Like

We don’t have a firm date yet for when this issue will be fixed. But this issue has a high priority, and will be fixed as soon as the developer is done with the current tasks.

Best Regards, Nikita.

1 Like