Defining header tags is too restrictive

I’ve found the new SETTINGS for Meta Tags and want to give some feedback here.

It seems that the entered information gets converted to meta-tags with the name attribute, like <meta name="title" content="My web page">. This is too restrictive. I would wish to have a “free text” section under SETTINGS, which let me type html tags which are just added to the end of the html header section.

In my html headers, I’m using more types of tags. Some examples:

1. Open Graph tags: Used, for instance by facebook and whatsapp to discover web site meta data. Example: <meta property="og:image:secure_url" content="http://server.com/image_256x256.jpg">
  2. <link rel="manifest" href="webmanifest.json"> to declare the location of a PWA manifest
  3. <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="web/be_144x144.png"/>
  4. <meta name="viewport" ...
  5. <link rel="stylesheet" href="...." ...

I know, for 4. and 5. you have Viewport and Libraries at a different place under SETTINGS.

So, please be more open. Let me define my own free-text header section. You will never meet all requirements with your approach, or you will always run after peoples requirements.

Regards,

Hi @Klaas_Klever

Thanks for the feedback!

1. agree, there are lots of cases and we are planning to add a place where you will be able to specify any HTML that will be rendered in the index.html
  2. for PWA there will be an extra section
  3. I assume it will have a UI for configuring (uploading) and probably it will be located in the PWA settings screen
    4/5. yes, we already have sections for that

Hello @Klaas_Klever!

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve created ticket BKNDLSS-30871 to implement adding custom meta tags, we will let you know as soon as this feature is implemented.

Regards,
Alexander

Hi @Klaas_Klever,

We have updated cloud servers with the improvement we discussed earlier. Now you can add custom meta tags to the UI Builder. You can specify them in “Custom Head Content” under the Settings section.

OR you can add custom headers directly to the page index.html. The “CustomHeadContent” section has been added there.

Please let us know, is this what you needed?

Regards,
Marina

Perfect! Thanks