Downloading file from backendless server with zip format

I uploaded apk files in backendless server and when i click on it for downloading it it is downloading in zip format like this .apk.zip
It was not like that before it occurred suddenly today help please

Hi @criticalmodder

Welcome to the Backendless community and thank you for taking the time to report the issue!

I’ve created a ticket to investigate the issue, we will notify you about the result here

Regards,
Vlad

Hii I seen closely and got to know that it’s happening only with chrome browser in Android for everyone in other browser it’s working as it should be what can I do

thanks for the additional details, it’s very helpful.

1 Like

yes thanks please let me know as soon as possible when it will get fixed it was not like that before it happend suddenly today

yes, sure

any updates on the issue sir ?

@criticalmodder ,

Currently our QA are checking fix for this problem. We will reach you out in this topic when it is released.

Regards, Andriy

Hello @criticalmodder

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna

Yah it’s Fixed thanks very much our clients was frustrated Because of renaming the apk to zip everytime thanks to the backendless team for the fix btw what was the issue ?

@criticalmodder,

It was caused by change which made server to return explitily mime type for files. For APK files server returned no mime type at all. I asume that when no mime type was returned Chrome on Android tried to guess type of the file and ended with .zip extension by some reason since APK file itself is actually ZIP file with different extension.

Regards, Andriy