Edit the app outside of backendless

Hello again,

is it possible to edit the app coding outside of backendless.
For example I want use backendless for creating the form-template and want to implement my own code.
Is it possible and how can I do that?

Thanks

Hello, @Daniel_Wauer,

What specific template are we talking about? Can you tell us in more detail what you want?

Regards, Nikita,

Hello Nikita,

my app id is 6B737B6F-BDAE-CE78-FFA6-278F2E11B200.
And the form I want use outside of backendless is template “CopyConfigurator”.

I want download this template (created with backendless) to my server and want code the functions by myself. Because I have this configurator developed under following link:

I need the style-function from backendless to create the form and want implement my own code.

How does this work?

Hello @Daniel_Wauer

Please correct me if I am wrong, you want to start building your app in the UI-Builder and then downland the sources and continue developing the app by writing code, is my vision correct?

Regards, Vlad

Hey Vladimir,

thats correct!

Actually, this is a little bit out of the main concept (no-code development).

The UI-Builder is a combination of several complex systems, it has its own UI-SDK which takes care of components rendering and this is not intended for building apps through codding.

If you don’t mind may I ask you why you do not want to build the app entirely in the UI-Builder, perhaps you faced some limitations?
We work on improving the system each day and any feedback would be helpful for us to get an understanding of what’s the most important for our customers to get these improvements released first.

I know thats not the plan of backendless (no code development).
Yes you are right, some functions aren’t able to do with ui-builder.
Example:
I need file-uploader for multiple files with function to delete choosed file if it was the wrong file.
I need radiobuttons styled as images.
I need a form counter to set ID to every form.
And I need help to integrate my database into this form. Load pictures and text after customer choices.

thank you for your feedback!

1. I need file-uploader for multiple files with function to delete choosed file if it was the wrong file.

Seems like it is what we need to review and improve. Just to make sure we are talking about the same: you would like to not upload automatically once the image selected but upload it by a specific action, right?

1. I need radiobuttons styled as images.

for the Image component, it is possible to specify onClick event and inside the logic, you can reimplement radio-buttons behaviour

1. I need a form counter to set ID to every form.

could you please provide a little bit more information about this

1. And I need help to integrate my database into this form. Load pictures and text after customer choices.

in the Codeless there are corresponding blocks for working with any API