Email notification for critical issues?

I logged into the console this morning and got this message -

I do not see any email notification about this. Our app would have stopped working if I had not logged into the console for a few days (long weekend, etc.). I expect more notifications for a critical issue that would shut down my app.

Tim

I’m also not able to purchase the upgrade -

I have surgery in an hour. It’s minor, but I might be out of commission for a day.

@mark-piller You have my permission to add/bill this pack to my account to solve this limit issue.

Tim

Hello @Tim_Jones,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are looking into the issue and will update you as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
Alexander

@Alexander_Pavelko, can you make sure my app isn’t blocked while you’re looking into this? As I mentioned, I will be out of commission for the rest of the day and maybe longer.

Tim

@Tim_Jones, the fix is currently being tested and is planned for release tomorrow. We once again apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Alexander

Can we make sure my app doesn’t go offline in the meantime?

Thanks,
Tim

Hello @Tim_Jones

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna

I was able to buy the extra 100K data objects from the marketplace.

Can we revisit the original issue? More notice and details are needed when exceeding plan limits. I can’t find anywhere that shows when I exceeded the 100K object limit, so I have no idea when the 48 clock started ticking.

Here is an example notification email from another SaaS platform we use -

Hi @Tim_Jones ,

You are absolutely right that there should be notifications informing developers when a specific component limit is about to be exceeded. In fact, we do have this notification system, and we send out the corresponding emails. Unfortunately, while investigating the issue with your app, we discovered a bug that caused some applications, including yours, not to receive these notifications. We’ve created a ticket to fix this, and it will be resolved soon.

Best regards,
Viktor

@Viktor_Mudrevsky Thanks for the details. It seemed strange that there was no notice and now I understand.

Thanks for the great support, everyone!

Tim